ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, Speed-

You just save this post and get back to me around Sept. We will see how many of the "days off you wanted" you wound up with. I hope you are in the top 10% in seniority-you sure are not up there in smarts.

Best bet for both sides of this useless sissy fight is for everyone to learn the new system best we can and make the most of it, just like we did when we went from paper to Flica, from Flica to Crewbid and now this.

Yes, this is a fundamental shift in absolutely everything, but we're not going to know any of the ramifications until it's been up and running for a while.

Then and only then can we whip out our collective I-TOLD-YA-SO peckers and throws our bullocks around the crew room in a hissy fit.

So for now, I advise keeping our pro or con genitalia in the tighty whities and stop polluting this mecca of mature adult conversation with our collective I-Lost-My-Binky-esque spats!

No, Tarzan..but speedtape is pushing this off like we will now and I'm saying we won't.

I understand that although I don't think that was the entire intent. The reason why he/she (Change the avatar!) believes that is due to wide variety of folks want from their schedules. We will always get it? We can all wish right?. But there other guys such as the Number 6 guy that likes to work weekends. There is quite a bit of diversity out there in what people want between nappers, weekend guys and commuters. If the flying gets covered, I don't think the company will give a rats a$$ how it gets covered if the ALPA numbnuts can get it done with their bid run solution.

Hopefully, everyone above me in seniority has the same general and casual attitude about it as you.

There is nothing casual about my attitude. I suspect that PBS will carry disappointment all around. The Union did a spectacular job of selling this PBS. At the roadshow I attended, the Union reps said that PBS allows you to "pick the trips that you want". This is deceptive. The system allows you to bid on trips, but I suspect that the majority of pilots believe that they will get whatever they ask for.
I'm waiting for people to figure out the pay cap (TLV+15, with not much in the open time pot to plus up your line), and I'm preparing for the general outcry when people are working five or six days in a row. I expect the pilots to regret the lack of trip rigs/minimum trip credit language passionately. The pilot group was apparently willing to trade a lot away for a vague promise of "growth" and a supremely flashy and dazzling demonstration of Flica, and I expect that many of the 83% are in for some rude surprises.
That being said, I think that anyone who thinks that Flica PBS will give them whatever they want (be it days off, specific trips, or a particular schedule) every time is a fool. The PBS system we voted in allows us to bid for things. Whether you get what you ask for depends on your seniority. With regard to your comment, Speedtape, I wanted to point out that your blanket statement that Prefbid will give you the days off that you ask for is erroneous.
I am also not casual at all about the learning curve that this system is going to require. The Union's demonstration at the roadshow left me feeling maudlin as I used to be able to do my bid in about 10 minutes. I suspect that to truly get the performance I desire out of the system, I am going spend hours not only learning the system, but also hours every month to work out my bid. A Delta mainline guy who uses Flica told me that he gave up on the hours long but excellent results option. It just takes too long to do his bid. He spends an hour or so, and just accepts what he gets.
Finally, I desperately want to be entirely wrong on PBS. I have marked my calendar for a year from now to report publicly if I am a Speedtape Disciple of Flica PBS(tm). I really, really hope that PBS is a certifiable Boatload Of Awesome. I honestly don't expect to be, but I very much want to be wrong about all the problems that I foresee, let alone all the unintended and still unknown consequences. But my opinions do not matter one bit as we all voted, and PBS is here, and no amount of dissent will change that fact. Whether you like PBS or not, whether you voted yea or nay, whether you are a knuckle dragging mouth breather or a genius from another dimension, PBS is here and the game has changed. Adapt or suffer. I, for one, intend to be spooled up and ready to go when the system goes live.

There is nothing casual about my attitude. I suspect that PBS will carry disappointment all around. The Union did a spectacular job of selling this PBS. 1) At the roadshow I attended, the Union reps said that PBS allows you to "pick the trips that you want". This is deceptive. The system allows you to bid on trips, but I suspect that the majority of pilots believe that they will get whatever they ask for.
I'm waiting for people to figure out the pay cap (TLV+15, with not much in the open time pot to plus up your line), and I'm preparing for the general outcry when people are working five or six days in a row. I expect the pilots to regret the lack of trip rigs/minimum trip credit language passionately. 2) The pilot group was apparently willing to trade a lot away for a vague promise of "growth" and a supremely flashy and dazzling demonstration of Flica, and I expect that many of the 83% are in for some rude surprises.
That being said, I think that anyone who thinks that Flica PBS will give them whatever they want (be it days off, specific trips, or a particular schedule) every time is a fool. The PBS system we voted in allows us to bid for things. Whether you get what you ask for depends on your seniority. With regard to your comment, Speedtape, I wanted to point out that your blanket statement that Prefbid will give you the days off that you ask for is erroneous.
I am also not casual at all about the learning curve that this system is going to require. 3) The Union's demonstration at the roadshow left me feeling maudlin as I used to be able to do my bid in about 10 minutes. I suspect that to truly get the performance I desire out of the system, I am going spend hours not only learning the system, but also hours every month to work out my bid. A Delta mainline guy who uses Flica told me that he gave up on the hours long but excellent results option. It just takes too long to do his bid. He spends an hour or so, and just accepts what he gets.
Finally, I desperately want to be entirely wrong on PBS. I have marked my calendar for a year from now to report publicly if I am a Speedtape Disciple of Flica PBS(tm). 4) I really, really hope that PBS is a certifiable Boatload Of Awesome. I honestly don't expect to be, but I very much want to be wrong about all the problems that I foresee, let alone all the unintended and still unknown consequences. But my opinions do not matter one bit as we all voted, and PBS is here, and no amount of dissent will change that fact. Whether you like PBS or not, whether you voted yea or nay, whether you are a knuckle dragging mouth breather or a genius from another dimension, PBS is here and the game has changed. Adapt or suffer. 5) I, for one, intend to be spooled up and ready to go when the system goes live.

1) You can go in an bid trips by ordering how you like them. Will you get them? Depends on seniority.
2) I doubt you heard any rep say there would be growth as a result. However, without it and the norm for the industry is with it, we price ourselves out. Simple fact. We adapt and survive or we don't and watch the flying leave piece at a time.
3) Depends on what you want out of your schedule. There certain overnights I don't want and days that I want to work. Along with hours that I can get. I just don't see how I can spend hours doing this unless I go and order every single trip. I don't plan to do that.
4) I don't expect it. It is a bidding system. We still have to come to work and sit around and stare at walls for three hours sometimes. It will still suck if you think it sucks now. It will still be okay if you have a little bit more of a cheery perspective.
5) I think that will be the best any of us can do. Let the rest of chips fall where they will and deal with the rest in MOU and Section 6.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back