• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, I hate to be the resident d*bag here, but see I (and many others) told you so. We could have receive MUCH more than we got with the PBS agreement. Never accept the first anything, contract or otherwise. Now we're stuck with it and with any luck from out xjet family, we'll find a way to work through this.

Respectfully, we didn't accept the first attempt at PBS at ASA. There have been constant efforts and revisions to get both the Company and the software vendor to honor not only the language of the PBS LOAs and MOUs, but also the intent of how the ASA PBS system was designed. Our guys have been continually working to make PBS a positive for the pilot group from day one. I would argue that the PBS system at ASA is the best in the industy from a pilot's standpoint.

A general question for all:

Given that PBS was then and is now inevitable, what other PBS system in the industry would you rather work under?

Respectfully, we didn't accept the first attempt at PBS at ASA. There have been constant efforts and revisions to get both the Company and the software vendor to honor not only the language of the PBS LOAs and MOUs, but also the intent of how the ASA PBS system was designed. Our guys have been continually working to make PBS a positive for the pilot group from day one. I would argue that the PBS system at ASA is the best in the industy from a pilot's standpoint.

Given that PBS was then and is now inevitable, what other PBS system in the industry would you rather work under?

The system might be the best on paper but I've or anyone for that matter has yet to use the system in a live environment, so I think that judgement might be a little skewed.

With that being said, constant efforts and revisions to guide the "intent" of PBS should have been addressed in the first place. That implies we had virtually no clue what this process would entail and now must have LOA's and MOU's to attempt to clarify the entire process.

I understand and appreciate the efforts to make the process better, however, if the system is not completely ready, make sure it is before its used.

Why do you guys trust a company that can't even pay you correctly with any consistency to fairly and contractually operate a bid system that will completely control your life?

We at XJT do not have to vote yes on a contract containing PBS and it can not be implemented by an arbitrator unless the pilot group passes it, it can only be put in a TA but go no further without a pilot vote. We at XJT have every reason to vote no and keep our current contract in place (which seems better to us than the ASA contract with PBS) until we see one that we like.

Some of you on reserve think PBS is great because now you have a line, well I think that thinking is short sighted. I was on reserve for over two years in EWR, I know how awful reserve life is as a commuter. Now that I am a line holder I would not trade this line bidding and trip trading system we have at XJT for 15% less reserves. Don't be so consumed with the thought of getting out of reserve hell just to satisfy yourself with a computer system that is run by the company. If you have faith in the company to follow the rules then I think you misguided based on what has transpired over the past few years.

No PBS for me and I will do what I can to keep our contract in play until a better one comes across the table and I will live with whatever the results are. ASA will not go out of business if we have a line bidding system with trip trade windows despite what some of you believe. Some of you think too highly of yourselves to believe that you can actually increase your career potential by agreeing to PBS making the company "more efficient."

"Those who borrow from today will always be broke tomorrow." Don't sell away your future QOL for a slight upgrade in pay today. Just my opinion. If you like PBS then great, I have an open mind about it and will continue to listen to any and all proposals but will vote no if it at all affects my little QOL that I have left.

King Tutt said:
Please tell me you don't think Tutt really means what he wrote! He's over the crew scammers for petes sake! He should be aware of what that pos Poly=azz-hol is up to. Pilots whined to our reps, who finally got the message we were PO'd, and went to the company. And only then did CT come outa the cob web and pretend he didn't think the pairings were conducive to QOL. That's what needs done when we don't like something especially if it's crap. Whine to the union til they do something about it!

We need either some kind of trip rigs or trip construction rules. Agreeing to PBS without some kind of controls as to which trips go into it makes about as much sense as trying to piss up a rope.

-We are not smart. Maybe XJET people have better sense.

We need either some kind of trip rigs or trip construction rules. Agreeing to PBS without some kind of controls as to which trips go into it makes about as much sense as trying to piss up a rope.

A: A heck of an (original) idea.

-We are not smart. Maybe XJET people have better sense.

B: Speak for yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back