• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sure can.....as long a you can get some schmuck to pick up your ********************ty RT....otherwise, you're sill doing it.....the only difference from before is you don't have to find a poor schmuck to do the whole trip....

BOHICA everybody!

Sounds like the online advertise system we already have at XJT.

it's going live and still doing 30% reserve pool, so all the bs the union said about 10% is a lie for the month of Feb. Funny how they missed to say that information at the early stages.

You can't just cut your reserve staffing by more than 50% overnight. PBS will get you to a lower number, but it will take time for the company and ASA ALPA to tweak the system to run right.

You can't just cut your reserve staffing by more than 50% overnight. PBS will get you to a lower number, but it will take time for the company and ASA ALPA to tweak the system to run right.

Tweak the system?!?!?! Isn't that the reason for the 6 months of delays it has taken already!

Tweak the system?!?!?! Isn't that the reason for the 6 months of delays it has taken already!

So when a new fleet type enters service at an airline there are never any issues to be ironed out? Everything works perfectly from day one with no adjustments needed?

PBS has lots of "levers" that can be pulled which can dramatically change how the system works and how it impacts your life. Sometimes those levers have to be adjusted for the best outcome.

So there will just be sh"t loads and sh't loads of open time left over. That is really not what PBS is even designed to do!
Well said. These systems can use ALL the time in the lines and adversely affect the results.

Question: How much open time is left over now? How much open time will be left over when the contract is inked?

I run PBS algorythms for my own airline. Open time makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Well said. These systems can use ALL the time in the lines and adversely affect the results.

Question: How much open time is left over now? How much open time will be left over when the contract is inked?

I run PBS algorythms for my own airline. Open time makes a big difference.

Now...enough for about 8 to 10 lines.
After... maybe 2 lines with only a handful of CDOs left over.

Per Union email a few minutes ago. Excellent news! Hooray for more lines! No more integration! Roundtrip straight drops for commuters or QOL people!

Only downside, we'll definitely be able to staff for 4 more 700s without hiring.

BTW, if Jan 10th will be your 1st "Practice Bid", I feel sorry for ya! Hope you like Ready Reserve!

QOL people??? I'm too drunk to understand why one would want a good quality life and another would want a shi+ quality of life.

And since you used the word "hooray" you are now the FI spokesperson for this prefbid crap. All complaints will be directed to you and your horse avatar for an explanation when it goes wrong. And be quick about it.

There's ALWAYS an excuse.

Is this gonna be "tweaked" for the next 5 years? Papagiorgio WON'T let go of his precious 40% reserve staffing model.

Or is it just being "enhanced"?

There's ALWAYS an excuse.

Is this gonna be "tweaked" for the next 5 years? Papagiorgio WON'T let go of his precious 40% reserve staffing model.

Or is it just being "enhanced"?

"Enhanced", "tweaked", or whatever other excuse they come up with...welcome to the "suck" aka "PBS"!!
:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back