ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks that definitely explains it.

Just looked at the pairings. Most 3 days I saw were blocked at 15-16 hrs credit. Definitely not enough to make a pure 3 day schedule.

Not even an 18 hr 3 day would be enough to make a pure 3 day schedule. 18x4 still only gets you to 72. Be careful of this scenario!!!! The system could still slap a 4 day on top of your 72 hrs. Make sure you know the credit values of the trips you bid!!!

Palm is correct (he paid me $20 to say dat). Heck even some of the 4 days, doing one a week, won't get you to 75! So it'll tack on a dayline, if you're lucky, to make 75!

The company wants the most warm bodies at work as possible. Even if they have 100 pilots on 30 hour overnights. They dont want ANYBODY sitting at home.

Lots of "rescheduling" flexibility for them.

Not even an 18 hr 3 day would be enough to make a pure 3 day schedule. 18x4 still only gets you to 72. Be careful of this scenario!!!! The system could still slap a 4 day on top of your 72 hrs. Make sure you know the credit values of the trips you bid!!!

Now that you mention it, how did 3 days on the 200 in the past look when people held pure 3 day schedules? With the 200 restricted to 600 mile flights or less if they build 3 days pairings that can complete a schedule they will have at least 5 or 6 legs a day, which is pretty much what the ATR was

PBS = Pure Bull Shat!!!! Gotta hand it to management, they pulled the wool really tight.....So tight, I can't see my QOL improving anytime soon.

Thanks Papa L

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, how did 3 days on the 200 in the past look when people held pure 3 day schedules? With the 200 restricted to 600 mile flights or less if they build 3 days pairings that can complete a schedule they will have at least 5 or 6 legs a day, which is pretty much what the ATR was

I sure thought there were plenty of pure 3-day lines on the ATR for years... Maybe my memory fails me, but pretty much any line pilot on any aircraft could expect to see 17 or more days off per month at some point during their career.

-The difference is SH hates naps, and I hate SH.

There are no lines with PBS. It's just a huge pot of pairings you can pick from. The junior people might actually end up with the higher credited schedules "thanks" to unstacking.
To answer your question: regardless of the credit-hour value of the schedule awarded, you will get paid at least the guarantee (unless you're unavailable for a part of the month).

I understand how pbs works. If you were at CO on the 757 the most junior pbs awards, which I call a line once its been awarded, have min days off and will have a credit of ~50 hours but will be paid 75 hours, due to incredibly unproductive trips that no one else wants. I was wondering if it was the same way at asa. I guess what I really want to know is whats the schedule/pay of the last 10 guys who aren't on reserve.

I understand how pbs works. If you were at CO on the 757 the most junior pbs awards, which I call a line once its been awarded, have min days off and will have a credit of ~50 hours but will be paid 75 hours, due to incredibly unproductive trips that no one else wants. I was wondering if it was the same way at asa. I guess what I really want to know is whats the schedule/pay of the last 10 guys who aren't on reserve.

We don't know yet. This is the first month it will actually be live. Also its still going to be F'd up because they built pairings based on having normal lines just in case PBS didn't go live. We'll know what it looks like on the 21st (I think)
But from a guy who has been on reserve for over 3.5 years, I'll gladly take a 50 hr line and still get paid for 75, as long as I know when I start and when I finish and don't have to talk to scheduling.

Last edited:
I'll gladly take a 50 hr line and still get paid for 75,.

Won't you get a 75 hour line w/ PBS? It keeps adding crap until you meet that 75 threshold. That's one of the purposes of PBS, spread the flying out and have yo ass flying to get quarantee right?

Won't you get a 75 hour line w/ PBS? It keeps adding crap until you meet that 75 threshold. That's one of the purposes of PBS, spread the flying out and have yo ass flying to get quarantee right?

It will only build the credit up to your preference. So if I set 60 hrs, the most it can build to is 75, but it will stop as soon as it meets the 60hrs. If all it has left at 58 hrs is a 20 hr 4 day then you'll get that. If it has a 2hr day line, then you'll get that.

Latest resources

Back