• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope you guys are emailing our(the companies) reps, it's the only way it's gonna be considered in the JCBA. I'm cool with the PBS concept but the pairings have to have a min credit of some sort; 3day-16, 4day-18, wheter it's virtual or not I could care less, but to work five days because the pairings suck is not cool.

Hope you guys are emailing our(the companies) reps, it's the only way it's gonna be considered in the JCBA. I'm cool with the PBS concept but the pairings have to have a min credit of some sort; 3day-16, 4day-18, wheter it's virtual or not I could care less, but to work five days because the pairings suck is not cool.

EXACTLY!

The union has a hell of a lot of work to do in terms of fixing this mess before they will see my vote in favor of this JCBA. I better see something one hell of a lot better in that damn JCBA!

they did their work, gotum 6 hr daily crd and hosed line pilots with this PBS deal, and most of us voted it in, crazyyyyyyyyy :nuts:

Why is there more Capt lines and reserves projected than FO. Don't we all fly the same schedule?

Captains tend to have more weeks of vacation, which leaves more pairing left over to create additional lines. Captains also tend to have more sick calls, requiring more reserve coverage. That's my guess anyway.

Captains tend to have more weeks of vacation, which leaves more pairing left over to create additional lines. Captains also tend to have more sick calls, requiring more reserve coverage. That's my guess anyway.

Thanks that definitely explains it.

Just looked at the pairings. Most 3 days I saw were blocked at 15-16 hrs credit. Definitely not enough to make a pure 3 day schedule.

What's up with almost all the sim guys bidding lines next month?? Thought they only had to fly one week a quarter that's why I moved down a ton for FEB CR2 CA?????

Does no one remember that ALPA sent an email out saying that ASA will be building the parings like they normally do just in case PBS doesn't go live? So for at least this month, they will be as crappy as they always are.
To make PBS actually work then they NEED to build pairings that include a variety of trips to work around everyone's different events.

Does no one remember that ALPA sent an email out saying that ASA will be building the parings like they normally do just in case PBS doesn't go live? So for at least this month, they will be as crappy as they always are.
To make PBS actually work then they NEED to build pairings that include a variety of trips to work around everyone's different events.

"At least this month" will soon turn into "a few months." My concern is that after a few months this will become the standard. If this model works for them now, then I don't see them changing it. And when we (or at least I) ask an ALPA rep about my PBS concerns, all I get is the run around and advise to have a little patience. Maybe I need to, but when I can see hopes of a decent QOL getting flushed, patience is not the attribute I want to focus on.
Maybe of topic but my favorite response to PBS was at the RGT lunch, "yeah, it'll will be tough on you when your junior but when your senior you'll love it!" You can imagine how well that went over to a group of mostly Reserves.

And if you guys are still on standard/conventional training cycles, they also have to get ganked offline to do the additional PC.

That is, if you guys train over a trip or on days off, or it's the pilot's option.

Latest resources

Back