• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And they are blocked to 13 or 14 hours. Can't complete a good schedule with that.

why the union allowed 3 days to be built this low is frustrating, we should have individual legs to pick from to build a pairing ourselves, iow no company built low value pairings:(

why the union allowed 3 days to be built this low is frustrating, we should have individual legs to pick from to build a pairing ourselves, iow no company built low value pairings:(

Cause QOL is completely gone. The company wants you working as many days possible to get your 75. Gone are the days of 25hour 4 days...now all we got is 50min hops 5-6 times a day with 2 hour sits every turn so you can have a 14 hour duty days and to top it off, 9 hour layover w/ a 30-45 min van ride to the hotel one way.

Cause QOL is completely gone. The company wants you working as many days possible to get your 75. Gone are the days of 25hour 4 days...now all we got is 50min hops 5-6 times a day with 2 hour sits every turn so you can have a 14 hour duty days and to top it off, 9 hour layover w/ a 30-45 min van ride to the hotel one way.

I like the concept of PBS and I think ut is potentially a better way to build a schedule, but if your scenario comes true, I will be all for squashing this in the JCBA! I would think the company is smarter than that, and then I hope at least we can close any loop holes that arise.

The short legs are to blame for the low credit 3 days. The company can be blamed for the 3 hour breaks to avoid 16 hour layovers. Pick your battles. Don't spout off uninformed. That's what female pilots do.

Last edited:
I like the concept of PBS and I think ut is potentially a better way to build a schedule, but if your scenario comes true, I will be all for squashing this in the JCBA! I would think the company is smarter than that, and then I hope at least we can close any loop holes that arise.

I like the concept of PBS too but also the concept of communism sounds great too but in reality that doesn't work. I hope the best for the PBS and that it is honestly a better system.

Speaking of loops holes, the entire ASA contract is nothing but loop holes. I could drive an A380 through the contract. With disclaimers like "at company discretion", "if practical", "if economically feasible", "if possible", "if time allows", "if won't result in a canceled flight", etc...the company will continue to walk all over it's employees. The JCBA really needs to close these up and hopefully both sides of the MEC will accomplish that.

Last edited:
360 lines is quite a nice increase in lines. Fantastic news for those of us that were on the lineholder edge with line bidding.

Congrats-

It is great that you got a line! Every time a pilot gets off reserve at this dump, an angel gets its wings! Seriously, it is a great relief to not have to deal with those scheduling tools as much.

Try and take a longer view, though. It used to be that you would be happy to get a crap line, but eventually you could hold naps, then 4 days, then weekends off, and eventually some sweet 3 days.... Now, with this system, we are all looking at crap 4 days forever. We will hit a 4-day wall, and it will never get better. It will literally be the same for people who have been here 5 years as for those who have been here 25 years.

-If you don't want exactly the same schedule for the next 23 years, please try and consider the big picture. There really needs to be a "good," "better," and "best" selection of trips, not a "crap," "crap," and "crap" selection. Sure, any line is better than reserve, but crap 4 days are not that much better. Certainly not good enough to fly for decades.

-This system is crap without a good variety of trips.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back