• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QOL people??? I'm too drunk to understand why one would want a good quality life and another would want a shi+ quality of life.

And since you used the word "hooray" you are now the FI spokesperson for this prefbid crap. All complaints will be directed to you and your horse avatar for an explanation when it goes wrong. And be quick about it.

I say Hooray! for 777's avatar!

After logging on to Flica I noticed that there is another practice bid for September, which closes Jan 12. The estimated credit threshold is 85 hours. My understanding is that the higher that number the more pilots they'll have on reserve. But that's not my point. Why are they doing yet another practice bid, especially one that will overlap the actual bid? Wierd, that's all.

Do the bottom lines have min days off with credit less than guarantee that gets pay protected?

There are no lines with PBS. It's just a huge pot of pairings you can pick from. The junior people might actually end up with the higher credited schedules "thanks" to unstacking.
To answer your question: regardless of the credit-hour value of the schedule awarded, you will get paid at least the guarantee (unless you're unavailable for a part of the month).

The estimated credit threshold is 85 hours. My understanding is that the higher that number the more pilots they'll have on reserve.
It depends. You need to find out the total block/credit hours of the pairing pot. Divide that by 85 to get the number of crewmembers.

It should be concerning that the higher the average, the more the system will override your preferences to get your time in.

It depends. You need to find out the total block/credit hours of the pairing pot. Divide that by 85 to get the number of crewmembers.

It should be concerning that the higher the average, the more the system will override your preferences to get your time in.

What do you know about PrefBid? Your statement would indicate nothing.

After logging on to Flica I noticed that there is another practice bid for September, which closes Jan 12. The estimated credit threshold is 85 hours. My understanding is that the higher that number the more pilots they'll have on reserve. But that's not my point. Why are they doing yet another practice bid, especially one that will overlap the actual bid? Wierd, that's all.

One of the trainers told me that it was opened again to train all the last minute holdouts so they could practice building Preferences. Otherwise, there is no way to do it. He said they will not run awards again with it.

Personally, I like the last 2 awards I got. If you don't spend the time to learn it, you will create quality of life for all the people below you in seniority. From looking at the results of all the pilots in my position, even the last few line holders did well.

Do the bottom lines have min days off with credit less than guarantee that gets pay protected?

I just looked at the 5 bottom line holders on the Captain CR7 from the last October award after selecting "view all awards."

The lowest days off was, one with 13. The rest had from 14 to 18 days off. The awarded hours were from 77 to 92 hours. The pairings awarded were mostly good 4 day trips.

According to the negotiated rules, if you awarded a line, you can never get paid less than Minimum Monthly Guarantee (75 hours).

The results overall looked pretty darn good to me. If you don't do well with this system, it's because you didn't spend the time to learn it.

All these whiners about this sytem, should spend a little more time learning it, and less time whining about it on FI. You are showing your laziness and stupidity. But keep on keeping on, because you are making someone junior to you very happy with the lines they are getting.:laugh: You Morons!

I just looked at the 5 bottom line holders on the Captain CR7 from the last October award after selecting "view all awards."

The lowest days off was, one with 13. The rest had from 14 to 18 days off. The awarded hours were from 77 to 92 hours. The pairings awarded were mostly good 4 day trips.

According to the negotiated rules, if you awarded a line, you can never get paid less than Minimum Monthly Guarantee (75 hours).

The results overall looked pretty darn good to me. If you don't do well with this system, it's because you didn't spend the time to learn it.

All these whiners about this sytem, should spend a little more time learning it, and less time whining about it on FI. You are showing your laziness and stupidity. But keep on keeping on, because you are making someone junior to you very happy with the lines they are getting.:laugh: You Morons!

Well put. I agree.

Someone please explain to me this 30% reserve thing for the first few months. I thought PBS eliminated the need for that.

Is the company scared that PBS will totally bomb? What was all the testing and tweaking for then?

Latest resources

Back