• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA JCBA: Longterm reserve pilot relief provision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
777Forever wants to completely circumnavigate the very basis of the seniority system, because he has been on reserve for an overwhelming majority of his time at ASA. I honestly can't say that I blame him for wanting to move off of reserve, but I can't agree with him that its the best way to do it.

If the idea of flying reserves strictly to guarantee, why wouldn't you want your highest longevity and cost per unit at that level, instead of flying at 90 hours? I would think that flying the most senior guys the least would lower the overall costs. Perhaps this concept is not the most economical, but I'm open to ideas...

In order to have empathy you must sometimes walk in another persons shoes. I would vote yes. Eating the young has to stop.

Someone mentioned making ALL days GDOs:

NO! unless we can still move them.

GDOs are permanent and can not be moved. I like being able to move my off days around.

Express Jet had been losing money for 18 months. Why do you think that is?

Come on Speed don't fall for that!

Remember when Delta owned us, they said we were losing money.

Don't think for one minute that Jerry would have bought Express Jet if is was a losing proposition. Jerry sees the potential make lots of money.

Also quite a few line holders bid reserve for December. Now quite a few reserve pilots now have line in December.

No to the Provision.

As a on again/off again line holder, I don't belive we need to force lineholders into reserve. We should however, overhaul the reserve system in a way that makes it beneficial for lineholders to WANT to bid reserve.

As a on again/off again line holder, I don't believe we need to force lineholders into reserve. We should however, overhaul the reserve system in a way that makes it beneficial for lineholders to WANT to bid reserve.

Agreed. But why is isn't the MEC focusing on THAT instead of silly half-baked plans like this proposal?

Lets make reserve something senior guys would WANT to bid, that would help everybody!!

Doesn't reserve go senior on some AC at Delta?

Agreed. But why is isn't the MEC focusing on THAT instead of silly half-baked plans like this proposal?

Lets make reserve something senior guys would WANT to bid, that would help everybody!!

Doesn't reserve go senior on some AC at Delta?

I belive it is because of past practice. Senior lineholders don't even let it cross their radar. To make this work it is going to take a change in thought process as well as new rules.

I guess the only acid test would be a somewhere between what we have now and what would make DH want to bid reserve... lol

Last edited:
Come on Speed don't fall for that!

Remember when Delta owned us, they said we were losing money.

Don't think for one minute that Jerry would have bought Express Jet if is was a losing proposition. Jerry sees the potential make lots of money.

Also quite a few line holders bid reserve for December. Now quite a few reserve pilots now have line in December.

No to the Provision.

XJet has been losing money. Jerry didn't buy a losing proposition. He bought a company that he can turn around by combining operations, and firing a lot of management that makes more than their comparative position at ASA.

Latest resources

Back