ASA JCBA: Longterm reserve pilot relief provision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i agree with maxcackel

Maxcackel is an idiot. If you agree with him.....

I'm sorry reserve sucks. Actually I'm not sorry. I expect it to suck. That's why I waited til I could hold a line before I upgraded. Yeah I know I can go from lineholder to reserve at the snap of SH's fingers, but I'll deal with that when it happens. I have no intention of "helping" those less fortunate than me by socializing line/reserve bidding. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna go fill out my survey right now and cancel out your vote. I hope the negotiators don't waste a dime on reserve improvements.

This may sound harsh, but you will agree with me someday when you make it off reserve.

ASA's contract sucks. It needs alot of work and I am glad express is on its way. I am sorry you reserve guys got the brunt of last summer, but help change the process. You guys know best what was bad about it.

Maxcackle actually has some good points.

Just because you are not on reserve doesn't mean you shouldn't want to improve our reserve system.

We should want to see all areas of our contract improved. I hope all of us will see some quality of life improvements in our next contract.

Just because you are not on reserve doesn't mean you shouldn't want to improve our reserve system.

Ummm....That's exactly what I'm saying. If it doesn't affect me I don't care.

I added it up the other day and to my surprise I've been on reserve more months than not in the last 6+ years. I vote with Max on this one change the system so that it is better for us long time reserve guys. If we got ALL those provisions you might see a few more senior guys bid reserve a couple months a year just to change things up a little. Get half or more of those proposals and QOL of the reserve guys goes up tremendously. Seniority rules and socializing schedules is a bad idea but fixing it for those who have to suffer through it is a great idea.

improve the seniority system, don't pass on a crappy system to other pilots. Hold scheduling's feet to the fire. Pay credits above guarantee if an off day is move, if they can't negotiate all days golden days. Four hour ready reserve. Improved bucket list clarification.

Ya hopefully we get most of Express Jet's reserve rules because ours here at ASA suck. And as another guy that's done 3.5 years of reserve there's no way I want this stupid relief provision. Once I'm finally off RES I don't wanna have to do another month or two per year. Screw that.

Put me down for what max said. Thats all going in my survey....

Latest resources

Back