• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA JCBA: Longterm reserve pilot relief provision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you interpret this part of LOA 8?

Seriously?? Been on reserve almost 4 years. I have had no problem picking up 4 day trips when I am good for five days or more. Like I said read your contract. When was the last time you were on reserve?? If you are on reserve now I bet scheduling loves you.

Reserve Pilot Categories and Assignments
a. A reserve pilot will be placed into a category (“bucket”) each day
according to the number of available reserve days that are remaining in
his current block of reserve days.
b. A reserve pilot with 5 or more reserve days available in a block will be
placed into the 4-day bucket.​

Last edited:
Seriously?? Been on reserve almost 4 years. I have had no problem picking up 4 day trips when I am good for five days or more.

Well, hats off to ya for pulling it off. Just makes the discussion come full circle. I guess CC is full of it, I'll repeat it;

Interesting, you ever emailed contract compliance on this issue? I've tried to grab a 4 day while starting 5 days of reserve and been turned down because I was in the "5 day bucket". Fired it off of CC, they agreed, unable. I guess your mileage is different. But that wouldn't be the first time compliance was wrong about something.

Like I said read your contract. When was the last time you were on reserve?? If you are on reserve now I bet scheduling loves you.

I'm currently on reserve. Not sure where the disconnect is with you. Work on your reading comprehension skills.

I guess if you wanna cry and be a little b1tch about it, you figured out how long an ARC sit is yet? But hey, you don't wanna read the MOU's and LOA's and you want to sit for 5 hours, have at it brother. Enjoy that fifth hour. I'll bet scheduling loves you. As for me, they don't. After them jerking around a few call out times lately, them saving the tapes and sending them to the ORD chief, the ORD chief agreeing with me, well....I'm pretty sure there's no love between them and me. Sorry to disappoint you.

Well, hats off to ya for pulling it off. Just makes the discussion come full circle. I guess CC is full of it, I'll repeat it;

I'm currently on reserve. Not sure where the disconnect is with you. Work on your reading comprehension skills.

I guess if you wanna cry and be a little b1tch about it, you figured out how long an ARC sit is yet? But hey, you don't wanna read the MOU's and LOA's and you want to sit for 5 hours, have at it brother. Enjoy that fifth hour. I'll bet scheduling loves you. As for me, they don't. After them jerking around a few call out times lately, them saving the tapes and sending them to the ORD chief, the ORD chief agreeing with me, well....I'm pretty sure there's no love between them and me. Sorry to disappoint you.

Crying? I don't think so. I will be enjoying Thanksgiving off. I would love to know how long you have been sitting at home when you had 5 days on reserve ant not picking anything up. I guess that is why you are on ARC so much.

Jerk around call out times? Why would you even accept anything with a jerked around call out time? I am sure you are going to tell me you didnt. I bet you flew first and then called the union. Thank god you fought it if they were screwing with you because that has to stop.

I would love to know how long you have been sitting at home when you had 5 days on reserve ant not picking anything up. I guess that is why you are on ARC so much.

I NEVER said I don't get used on most reserve days. Just like I NEVER said I want the JCBA to be concessionary. Where you're getting this stuff, I don't know.

Take a look at ORD CA open time, especially since the non displacement displacement bid and staffing increase. Many days there are an excess of CA's. NONE of those pairings fit into my call out time, or bucket availability. IF (rarely) there is something in there, a line holder usually exercises the CBA provision to grab the trip. So AGAIN, I don't go reserve days NOT being used.

Jerk around call out times? Why would you even accept anything with a jerked around call out time? I am sure you are going to tell me you didnt. I bet you flew first and then called the union. Thank god you fought it if they were screwing with you because that has to stop.

Sorry to burst you're bubble, but OF COURSE I didn't accept it. Hence the marking of the tape. You know that had it been the other way around, and a request was made to pull the tapes, the sched sup would have pulled the "uh, well, we can't find the tapes" B.S. Didn't even need to call the union about it. Like I said, the CP agreed with what I said.

Sorry, try again.

No amount of improvements will matter unless we achieve real scope protections and guarantees. It amazes me how many of our pilots don't understand that.

No amount of improvements will matter unless we achieve real scope protections and guarantees. It amazes me how many of our pilots don't understand that.

Well said...It's like starting a marathon by sprinting...You won't make it to the end, but you will be out ahead for a little while.

Many of us simply want to protect the jobs we have...I don't care about anything else in the contract. Without a job, who cares what the pay rate is.

Latest resources

Back