• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA & Expressjet Newest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may be stupid - I just collect my winnings every two weeks and head home. Someone please educate me as to why it is an advantage to the XJT pilots to have all three lists merged. ASA and SKYW never did it, and I don't see any gloom and doom as a result.

ASA being with SKYW sure was a better deal than sticking with Delta as owners, that's for darn sure. (RIP Comair it looks like!) With a long term partnership involving Uniental and Delta, it seems like a bright future for the merged entities. XJT and ASA lists are fairly close, so where's the problem with us all getting down to work on this?

Simple language responses please.

79% N1,
Hey Buddy, I am not sure who you are and I agree whole heartedly with some of your posts, but I believe that you might be wrong on this one. I have personally spoken with 3 XJT guys that I know (each based in EWR, CLE, and IAH Respectively) and they all have advised me that the word from the XJT MEC is that they have come up with a gentlemans agreement (prior to financial transaction) to give up scope protection with the understanding that the XJT / ASA MEC's will negotiate whipsaw protection, etc. for the new merged ASA. This solidify's Cybourg10's post. If you are trying to stir the pot, with all due respect, please stop. We are all professional airline pilots and these are peoples livelihood, income, families, and quality of life at stake ....on both sides of the house for that matter. If you can't tell the truth or not be negative, please don't post. This is the real deal, and could have very serious financial and QOL impacts for all us (good and bad), no place for trying to get under someones skin. The XJT guys and gals are our ALPA brothern and more importantly regardless of union affiliation are fellow professional airline pilots. Lets treat them and our own pilots with the respect that they deserve.....

Where are the details. A gentlemen's agreement is nice, but show me the aircraft. How much of the growth do we all get and what is the punishment for transferring aircraft??

You know, I used to work for XJT, and it was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I cannot believe the childish lack of professionalism exhibited on this thread. Most of you sound like a bunch of 10-year-old girls. How do you ever expect to make gains once you are merged if you can't even have a constructive conversation? It really is sad to see that things are headed in the wrong direction. I have respect for ASA and their pilots, but some of you on this thread give them a bad name, as well as SKYW. Good luck to my friends at XJT, they are going to need it.

box

Fill in the blank: SkyWest, Inc wants to keep their airlines separate because ________.

Is it cheaper? Operational redundancy can't be cheap.
Better for the customer? Why they would care, I don't know.
The pilot groups hate each other? I don't hate any of them, personally.

I keep hearing that "whipsaw" is not the motive. So much in fact, an agreement stating such will be made. So...why? What is the hangup? Wouldn't the advantage of running a leaner operation outweigh the "disadvantage" of being a union airline?

Deal is nearing it's death due to the XJ pilot MEC holding to binding Skywest to merge all 3 lists. JA not moving forward with that. By end of next week we should know.

He is right deal will be dead. Everyone voted no on wearing hats !!

If you are trying to stir the pot, with all due respect, please stop. We are all professional airline pilots and these are peoples livelihood, income, families, and quality of life at stake ....on both sides of the house for that matter. If you can't tell the truth or not be negative, please don't post. This is the real deal, and could have very serious financial and QOL impacts for all us (good and bad), no place for trying to get under someones skin. The XJT guys and gals are our ALPA brothern and more importantly regardless of union affiliation are fellow professional airline pilots. Lets treat them and our own pilots with the respect that they deserve.....

Hey man, I'm not trying to stir the pot at all. Just going off some things I heard was the early word on the proceedings. Sources close to the talks......anyway, I am not trying to instigate the XJ guys at all. I hope they do what they think is best for them. To the above poster that wonders why we are JA "fanboys" and wishes we would back them, we are not against you. We want to join up and make a kick ass regional, but a lot of us don't want to join up if the XJ guys are coming in with a big chip and complaining about PBS, one list and hats! I back them whatever they decide. I firmly believe that joining ASA would be better than their alternative, although some of them may disagree. At any rate, that was only what I heard came out early, that SKYW was ready to drop it because XJ was going to hold them to one list.

Hey man, I'm not trying to stir the pot at all. Just going off some things I heard was the early word on the proceedings. Sources close to the talks......anyway, I am not trying to instigate the XJ guys at all. I hope they do what they think is best for them. To the above poster that wonders why we are JA "fanboys" and wishes we would back them, we are not against you. We want to join up and make a kick ass regional, but a lot of us don't want to join up if the XJ guys are coming in with a big chip and complaining about PBS, one list and hats! I back them whatever they decide. I firmly believe that joining ASA would be better than their alternative, although some of them may disagree. At any rate, that was only what I heard came out early, that SKYW was ready to drop it because XJ was going to hold them to one list.

good point The hats and PBS. Why would anyone want PBS.

Not any more. :(

With 5000 pilots and a route map that colors in the continental U.S., can we at least stop calling the new ASA a regional?

Latest resources

Back