• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA & Expressjet Newest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deal is nearing it's death due to the XJ pilot MEC holding to binding Skywest to merge all 3 lists. JA not moving forward with that. By end of next week we should know.

If, and that's a big IF this is true, can we all collectively agree that it's SkyWest buying Expressjet, and NOT ASA?

Skywest is trying to scare XJT that it will back out of the deal and that XJT will go bankrupt. I talked to some some friends at XJT, and the majority want one list or no deal. The only people that want this deal regardless of the integration are the lifers. The majority would rather go down with the ship since replacing a 40k a year job is not that difficult.

Looks like XJT MEC is for the deal with certain conditions. Read below;

After reviewing the proposed transaction, analyzing every alternative avenue, and discussing our options with our legal counsel, professional advisors and subject matter experts, the MEC determined that it is in the best interest of our pilots to allow the transaction and merger with ASA to move forward, provided that our requirements are met. This means that a transition and process agreement, which contains protections for our pilots equivalent to those contained in our current agreements, must first be achieved before any process involved with merging the two carriers can begin. These protections would also need to carry over to any successor airline through a joint collective bargaining agreement. We will, of course, preserve our legal rights in the event our requirements are not met and it becomes necessary to pursue an alternative option.

Last edited:
Looks like XJT MEC is for the deal with certain conditions. Read below;

Does it require a vote by all XJT pilots to let a deal go through without merging all three airlines? I hope so as I get an impression that perhaps there was a backroom deal made before the merger deal was announced.

Does it require a vote by all XJT pilots to let a deal go through without merging all three airlines? I hope so as I get an impression that perhaps there was a backroom deal made before the merger deal was announced.

Of course not. You elected reps to make those decisions for you. Get ready for an ugly war.

Latest resources

Back