• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA & Expressjet Newest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And how much of your contract will you lose in bankrupcy, and please don't say none!
Maybe a combined company with ASA is your better option. I bet a nice PWA would be worked out that would be much better than a post-bankrupcy one!

Not according to the legal experts. Unfortunately, your scope is vague and indefinite on being acquired. So much so, that it would not hold up in court. However, you want have to fight INC., on the issue. They have a plan B if you pursue a lawsuit. You'll just get to watch Express become the "Incredible Shrinking Airline."

In other words, you have no leverage and if you want a future, you will have to join the ASA pilots and sing Cumbaya!

WTF? Not according to the legal experts? If the scope was vague, then we'd have no issue here. The companies would be merged because the scope on being acquired would not protect XJT pilots.

Instead Uncle Jerry is in meetings with XJT ALPA saying unless XJT Pilots agree to the conditions, one of which is dropping this clause, then he'll probably walk away from the deal. THERE IS AN ISSUE, so rethink your opening sentence.

Let me ask you, why do you believe XJT negotiated this into the contract of '04? TO PROTECT ITS PILOTS AGAINST SITUATIONS LIKE THIS!

FYI I'm not even yet where I stand, how the integration could be done, with protections etc. I do know this, the non - union SKWY will always be a thorn in the regional pilots side, especially a pilot under the SKWY umbrella.

WTF? Not according to the legal experts? If the scope was vague, then we'd have no issue here. The companies would be merged because the scope on being acquired would not protect XJT pilots.

Doesn't matter in this case. You guys could have bullet proof language and Jerry would still hold the cards. You guys make your own decisions. Call your reps and tell them what you believe. We will support you guys which ever way you choose.

Doesn't matter in this case. You guys could have bullet proof language and Jerry would still hold the cards. You guys make your own decisions. Call your reps and tell them what you believe. We will support you guys which ever way you choose.

If Jerry holds all the cards, then he'll push the deal and wouldn't have suggested walking away from it without the changes. He doesn't hold all the cards apparently. If it means enough to him, he'll have to offer us something in exchange. I suggest it does mean enough, otherwise he wouldn't be at the negotiating table with us.

Again, for you Skywest pilots.
Negotiation is a dialogue intended to resolve disputes, to produce an agreement upon courses of action, to bargain for individual or collective advantage, or to craft outcomes to satisfy various interests. It is the primary method of alternative dispute resolution.

If Jerry holds all the cards, then he'll push the deal and wouldn't have suggested walking away from it without the changes.

I don't think a merger with one severely pissed off pilot group who can't play nice with the company and the pilots they merged with is what he has in mind.

He's trying to build a big happy airline that will realize operating efficiency gains.

I'm guessing those are the terms he wants XJET on and if he can't get it that way, he'll walk.

SKWY wants this merger. It's like a guy at a car dealer. He says if he doesn't get the deal he wants,he's walking away. the bottom line is he wants the car, he needs the car. I think that is purely management posturing. They want it their way. They have been used to getting their way. The pendulum is swinging towards labor now. I'd say with that letter, you can get what you want. It's the fly in Jerry's ointment.

If the merger falls through, Expressjet will be just fine. The way I see it is, Skywest NEEDS this merger. XJT is positioned very well with a solid operation and jets that conform to the scope clause. Either way, XJT comes out a winner.

Use that leverage to your advantage.

You obviously have no idea of the situation at XJT.

I know I'm going to catch crap for this...but here it goes. Some of you guys are at the same spot the ASA guys a few years ago. Jerry Atkin is a different type of owner. He is not a for hire CEO. If a deal makes sense he'll do it, not he'll walk away. I remember ASA guys talking about how he had to negotiate, how he would have to back off of his original position, and some of us tried to tell them, that's not how he works. Well, a year or two later they settled pretty much at the starting offer, plus or minus some minor concessions from the company.

I'm not saying you have to take what is he offering. Some small stuff he'll be flexible on, but the major stuff he will not.

Basically what I'm saying is, take the time to know who you're negotiating with.

If Jerry holds all the cards, then he'll push the deal and wouldn't have suggested walking away from it without the changes. He doesn't hold all the cards apparently. If it means enough to him, he'll have to offer us something in exchange. I suggest it does mean enough, otherwise he wouldn't be at the negotiating table with us.

Again, for you Skywest pilots.
Negotiation is a dialogue intended to resolve disputes, to produce an agreement upon courses of action, to bargain for individual or collective advantage, or to craft outcomes to satisfy various interests. It is the primary method of alternative dispute resolution.

Jerry may not hold all the cards but they are heavily stacked in his favor. He DOES have all the chips and won't hesitate to take them home to play another game or another time.

This is NOT a negotiation. The only dialogue or dispute resolution will take place AFTER the deal is done. Jerry is not XJT management (yet) and thus has zero obligation to bargain or even communicate with XJT pilots.

The price is almost the same as last time, and last time there was more cash in the XJT bank account. XJT isn't bleeding cash, the quarterly losses are less and less. At the very least XJT has 5 more years on a contract with CAL and 3 more with UAL. Bankruptcy is not the end of the world, ask Mesaba, UAL, CAL, USAir, DAL, or inevitable for XJT. Here's the thing, no one ever knows how things are going to turn out in this industry. All XJT pilots are asking for is that the contract is followed. That means a single list with all pilots that belong to whatever holding company ultimately owns or buys XJT. It is clear that the holding company that ultimately wants to buy XJT is SKY Inc. They can leave Skywest Airlines non union, but the XJT contract requires that all the pilots be put on one list period.

Quarterly losses getting smaller and smaller?! 2nd Quarter 2010 XJT posts 18.6 million loss (compared to 13.1 2nd Quarter 2009) on higher than expected revenue. Keep that up and 100 mil cash will be gone real soon.

All you guys are asking is to honor your contract. All SKW is asking is drop the one list push, and the INTENT of your contract will be honored thru whipsaw and aircraft transfer protections. Saving your company from certain death doesnt hurt either.

Latest resources

Back