• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA & Expressjet Newest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My question is if XJT is such a sh!TTY company why is skywest buying them? What are the plans for Express?

I believe there is more to this story than just some regionals merging. This is about CALs scope of a/c smaller than 50seats and I'm sure United values the merger with CAL more than loyalty to skywest. Xjt has operated under CAL scope and have a very good position to continue with the new bigger united.

BINGO. Furthermore, all this agreement will probably say is "no transfer of aircraft between carriers." However, there won't be anything preventing stagnation on one side (ASA) and growth on the other side (SKW). There are more ways to whipsaw besides threat of moving around aircraft between carriers. Since the ASA side will now be bigger, how about agreeing to ASA getting 3 planes for every 2 planes SKW is awarded through acquisition or purchase from now on? We are soon to be the bigger airline, after all. That ratio should work fine. INC (skw in disguise) will grow the SkyWest fleet very soon. There will also be upgrades. There will be more larger planes. Just watch.

If this whole thing isn't about an attempt to whipsaw (according to management), then why not streamline and make 3 = 1? Curious.

Dude... I don't think its far to restrict SkyWest pilots... They have been the back bone of the company for 35+ years.. If anything they should be saying you can have a few airplanes when they fell like it... Whos buying who again.... Sorry, im tired of XJT thinking they run SkyWest/ASA... At this point i hope they kill the deal...

You guys can stop worrying about XJT walking away from the deal. It seems our union is willing to go forward with the transaction and will begin to work on a transition agreement with whipsaw protection similar to what ASA has now. Nothing is official yet of course.

You guys can stop worrying about XJT walking away from the deal. It seems our union is willing to go forward with the transaction and will begin to work on a transition agreement with whipsaw protection similar to what ASA has now. Nothing is official yet of course.

Whichever way it goes I am looking forward to working with the Express guys; whether it would be helping with the merger by being a sack-of-crap, nonparticipating, FI posting, dues paying whiner or helping you guys fight the merger by being a sack-of-crap, nonparticipating, FI posting, dues paying whiner.

Either way-I'm here for you man!!!:beer:

Dude... I don't think its far to restrict SkyWest pilots... They have been the back bone of the company for 35+ years.. If anything they should be saying you can have a few airplanes when they fell like it... Whos buying who again.... Sorry, im tired of XJT thinking they run SkyWest/ASA... At this point i hope they kill the deal...

ASA pilots work hard too, you know. Furthermore, we're part of Inc's equation. It's convenient to forget that ASA makes money for Inc. 60% of the backbone if this aquisition goes through. I'm sure you work hard. But SkyWest pilots don't own ASA. INC owns us. And, yes...we're lucky for it. But let's be honest about something. Inc wasn't created to be nice or save our company. It was to keep both sides split and to make money, most importantly. You can not take the credit for that. You were a working tool in management's game. Good for you. If SkyWest Airlines IS SkyWest, INC...then I'm afraid XJT has a valid base to their argument.

I can't stand this arrogance or ignorance...take your pick.

To be honest, I don't care either way. ASA was fine without XJ a few weeks ago, and they will be fine some more in the future.

Does anyone expect the XJ MEC to hold a membership vote on the subject, or will it be left up to the MEC? What's the next move? Rumor has it JA gave the JX MEC a week to arrive at a decision, otherwise he was going to abandon the deal.

Sure you do. You hope it's gets pushed deader than hell. So do I. So does everyone.

Keep pushing it XJT, guys. Do the hard work for us so the thing falls through and we can all keep the status quo. But don't be giant doosh wagons if you see an ASA guy in uniform. Actually, just try to never be giant dooshers... It's worth a shot.

Sure you do. You hope it's gets pushed deader than hell. So do I. So does everyone.

Keep pushing it XJT, guys. Do the hard work for us so the thing falls through and we can all keep the status quo. But don't be giant doosh wagons if you see an ASA guy in uniform. Actually, just try to never be giant dooshers... It's worth a shot.

You caught me..............

Funny thing is, who cares what SKWY pilots think! You're a voiceless bunch. You get what is given to you...as in NO self determination. Just sit on the sidelines please and do what you do best. Nothing.

Latest resources

Back