• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA & Expressjet Newest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
*Disclaimer*--- My experience for mainline pilot egos is taken from the double breasted dipsh!ts at Delta. It may be possible that some pilots at the mainline carriers actually have a soul, and can work with, and respect their fellow man. If that turns out to be the case, then I will admit being wrong with full humility.

There's a handful of folks like that. They're the ASA FO's who just got hired at mainline. But that'll change with time.

Too many. Hell, one is one too many. Of course, they are "special".

Whatever you lazy noodles! Jealousy sucks, and you have it. Nobody is wishing for someone elses demise, rather pointing out history and what should NOT have happened in the past. Wake up you fruit basket.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You guys are giving the egomaniac mainline pilots way to much credit for finding unity, and working together. If it happens, so be it, but now that they are trying to take our flying, and not give two sh!ts about what happens to us, guess they won't mind when we take more of their flying, and they get furloughed.

*Disclaimer*--- My experience for mainline pilot egos is taken from the double breasted dipsh!ts at Delta. It may be possible that some pilots at the mainline carriers actually have a soul, and can work with, and respect their fellow man. If that turns out to be the case, then I will admit being wrong with full humility.

Hey, Hey, I am one of those guys you can work with! So, can you get me a coke please? With ice too. Thanks. And, we also need a cockpit trash bag. We'll call you guys when you can get up, so please stay seated until we do so. ;)

Bye Bye--General Lee

And don't underestimate mainline's willingness to get rid of relaxed scope or their pull with management.

I'll put $100 on the fact that it will never happen--or more!

I remember when DALPA wanted to control the RJs by stapling ASA on the bottom. But they said no, DOH. Look how well that and the RJDC turned out.
Hmm! That never happened! Just a Contract 2000 Giambusso Urban Myth propaganda campaign to build unity--and they bought it! IMHO, RJDC succeeded! But, you would have to know the underlying issues and the results of the action--not just the settlement!
Sure you were at the same ASA?

The UA guys are pissed with how many RJs have taken over their flying. CO guys won't allow anything larger then a 50 seater and their Union Pres. said they're willing to do RJ flying to get everything back under one roof. The new UA/CO CEO is from CO and has the respect of his pilot group. The easiest way for him to gain the respect of the UA pilots is to not be Tilton, tighten their scope, and put their 1,000+ pilots on furlough in a plane, even if it's a RJ!
Who gave it up?

The ERJs are already owned by CO, ASA still does mostly DL, so who do you think will be hurt the most with this if the lists stay separate? History has proved time and time again that pilots are their own worst enemies. Band together and don't repeat it.
And History repeats itself, over and over, because human conditioning never changes! It will sound like an auction, do I hear 20, 20, 20%? Sold to the repeat buyers! Proof will once again be in the pudding! Don't forget--Continental/United (and the pilots) are in a competitive environment! What is your competition doing?

Last edited:
Wrong.

IF, and that is a big if, XJT can survive 5 more years of bleeding cash every quarter (there is no current source of revenue that can ever make XJT profitable), then in 5 years XJT will be going, going, gone. The CPA with UAL ends in 3 years and if they say no to this I doubt will be renewed. The CPA with CAL ends in 5 years and will definitely not be renewed. Even if they wanted to renew it, the aircraft leases start coming up in 5 years and CAL/UAL will not be leasing aircraft to a regional ever again. So who has the financial stability and credit rating to lease replacement aircraft? Only 2 or 3 airlines out there and XJT isn't one of them. Skywest, Inc., however, does, and it is already obvious that CAL/UAL want them to be long term partners.

It's time to accept reality. XJT takes the deal and gets the best that they can now, or they all start looking for another job in 5 years.

Sounds like a regional lifer. I hope we are all out of the regionals in less than 5 years. Except for you that wants to stay.

ASA/XJT merger will benefit both pilot groups..YES BOTH! We are merging guys. Stop your whining. XJT MEC is working there tail off to protect against whipsaw. Both pilot groups will benefit. Lets all act like gentlemen..

Latest resources

Back