• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Employees JS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was talking to Chuck (ramp supervisor) the other day..he is one of the people who get to ride up front. Personally, I think its a good idea for everyone to see what eachother does as long as it does not affect our operation (ie delay flight, sterile cockpit rule, enough O2 etc).
As stated above anyone can ride the jumpeseat with proper authorization. (heard of a ramper that wants to be a pilot that got one of those golden tickets (letters) and he will just jumpseat around our system for fun.

OK, I looked at the top 200 rate on the company proposal, did you? It is $89 at year 18, not $82 as you are implying. Did you look at the 700 comparision? Did you look at the FO comparison? Are you familiar with the term "cherry picking"? Did you notice that second year FOs are making more under our current contract than XJT, CHQ, and Eagle FOs?

You do realize the company rates are DOS + 24 months?!? No changes for 24 months! You have got to be kidding.

Screw the RLA and I'm ready to walk!

The first time one of them opens his/her mouth in a non-operational way during a critical phase of flight, a RIF goes to the company, a phone call to the FAA, a call to the FAA whistleblower hotline - and the entire program goes down in flames.

You do realize that isn't what ALPA is saying. Here it is from ALPA's website:

http://asanegotiations.alpa.org/Comp_Pay_02-05-07.html

It clearly says DOS under the company proposal. Where are you getting your information, or misinformation, as the case may be......

It also clearly says on the company site that I would only see and increase of 80 cents from one year to the next at year 7 rates. That´s a COLA adjustment of less than 1.25% a year. What was inflation rates over the last 4 years of negotiations and most likely the inflation rate for the duration of the contract?
The company rates are a Joke! What I see happening is a respectable 70 rate and a joke of a 50 rate. They then transfer all 70 and larger equipment to SKY and give us all the 50´s we can handle (tranfers from SKY). This is why I do agree that scope is of utmost importance, but not the ONLY thing that is needed here.

It also clearly says on the company site that I would only see and increase of 80 cents from one year to the next at year 7 rates. That´s a COLA adjustment of less than 1.25% a year. What was inflation rates over the last 4 years of negotiations and most likely the inflation rate for the duration of the contract?
The company rates are a Joke! What I see happening is a respectable 70 rate and a joke of a 50 rate. They then transfer all 70 and larger equipment to SKY and give us all the 50´s we can handle (tranfers from SKY). This is why I do agree that scope is of utmost importance, but not the ONLY thing that is needed here.

1. That's not what ALPA's information says. Again here it is:
http://asanegotiations.alpa.org/ASA Pay Comparison TEZ2.mht
Can you provide a link to your information?

2. Unfortunately, inflation isn't how ALPA negotiates payrates. ALPA uses pattern bargaining - sometimes the pattern is favorable, and sometimes it isn't. What would DAL, NWA, and UAL pay look like if you adjusted their 1980's rates for inflation? What would our 70 rates look like if they are adjusted for inflation?

This is just one more example of a favor that I am no longer willing to do for ASA. It's not my job to train, enlighten, or baby sit another employee group at this airline.

A 121 cockpit is no place for a field trip - especially if something were to go wrong. I've seen the blood drain from the face of a seasoned mechanic, panicked at the reality of a single engine landing in an RJ. It was a distraction then & I learned from that.

I don't know how these persons will react & I'm not willing to take on the additional responibilty of taking down a shaky flyer to CAT II minimums....
Not For ASA - Not Anymore.

would you morons get out of the high-chairs. they are just riding, they will probably just sit there and look terrified. there's no safety risk as long as they are briefed right and follow the rules. how many faa or oal j/s riders have talked before during sterile times - did you write them up?

this is a great opportunity in my opinion for them to see what we do. many other airlines do this. some of you guys embarrass the hell out of me...

Latest resources

Back