• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Employees JS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry I don't subscribe to EITHER side being the "dark side". Just trying to get accurate information out there so that people can make EDUCATED decisions vs. EMOTIONAL decisions.

For example, if I say "the company offer still puts us dead last" in pay, I would want to burn this place down. However when I look at ALPA's own comparison chart, look at what all other carriers get, and look at the rest of the contract, I get a different perspective.

Credit goes out to ALPA for putting the numbers out there for us to look at. That is a much needed improvement. It is now the job and the responsibility of the membership to educate themselves on the true numbers.

Joe,

Why should we lower the bar by taking the companies offer? I'm not saying that we are going to raise the bar over what the company can afford, but I will not come in under what is already being paid to our peers. Just cause the company added years to the top of the longevity scale doesn't mean we are getting a raise. If the company would move on SCOPE I think you would see this get done a whole lot faster. What does it say that the company wants little or nothing to do with honoring the contract they are entering into? Says a lot to me.

As for operations people riding the JS, I welcome them. The real question RJMAN is if we were not so pissed off would you be willing to spend a shift on the ramp or other area's of operations to see what they deal with? I would. Southwest had a program like this I believe. Where pilots could get out on the ramp to see what goes on there and operations folks could ride the JS or cabin to see the other side.

Joe,

Why should we lower the bar by taking the companies offer? I'm not saying that we are going to raise the bar over what the company can afford, but I will not come in under what is already being paid to our peers. Just cause the company added years to the top of the longevity scale doesn't mean we are getting a raise. If the company would move on SCOPE I think you would see this get done a whole lot faster. What does it say that the company wants little or nothing to do with honoring the contract they are entering into? Says a lot to me.

Go Around, I agree with you on scope. In fact without a single list, I will be voting NO regardless of what the pay rates are. Even what we are asking for in scope is inadequate. We need a single list for the holding company.

That being said, we aren't talking about "lowering the bar" as you say. No contract has the best in every area of it. You will never "raise the bar" in every area. The 50 seat captain rates are low, however 70 seat rates and FO rates are higher, and in some situations, much higher than the industry.

Unfortunately for us, the "bar", was lowered since we negotiated our current contract. Much of the pressure on 700 rates is now actually coming from mainline groups that are undercutting regional rates in order to "recapture" the flying. These are realities that must be considered in making educated decisions.

The memo says there must be a cabin seat open for these "jumpseaters".
Also remember the FOM says they need a signed letter fron Scotty.

For some reason I can't open the attch on ourasa. Could someone list the highlights please?

Hoser

Thanks for sticking to the topic, Joe. Give the Kool-Aid party a rest. When I was a mechanic in the Air Force we used to do incentive rides. It was an eye-opener to see that flight crews do more than show up 10 minutes before start-up, fly for an hour and bring my plane back broke. It was also a great way to establish a relationship between flight ops and the supporting departments. I have long thought that would be a good idea do something similar here. It may help build some relationships as well as show others how involved our job can be. Don't forget that it is also a chance to explain to other employee groups why we have a pilot shortage, and that most of our frustrations aren't with other front line employees, but with our organization in general. Don't forget to show them how our trip pairings work, and why we need to stop in the middle of a busy 13 hour or longer day to take a meal break when our turns are all 25-30 minutes at the out stations and 40-60 minutes in ATL. The few times that I have talked to managers and supervisors in ACS, they really don't understand our job and the things that affect us from a professional stand point. But I have found that they they are responsive to clear explainations when you take the time to give one. But one thinhg that does need to be addressed is what is their priority with a jump seating pilot. If you do have to bump an ACS person for a pilot, be sincere and explain it to the professionally.

The Journey Guide contains questions or instructions that the team member will have to complete while at location that will ensure that the team member becomes aware of the position’s functions and their role with this function. These are the type of questions that you can expect:
  • Why are pilots so inflexible on pushback phraseology?
  • Why is having an operable headset such a big deal for pushback?
  • Why do call backs for fuel happen when all they want added is a couple of hundred pounds?
  • Why do bag counts and CLRs have to be so exact? What could it possibly hurt to add a few bags after the paperwork is complete?
  • What type of impact does parking an aircraft with a Wing Walker using only one wand have on a Pilot?
  • Why can we haul more bags to New York than Chattanooga?
  • Why does adding a jumpseat rider have such an effect on loading?
  • What about hauling eyes, blood, or human organs in small packages in the cockpit?
  • What is going on sometimes when there is such a long delay between tow bar disconnect and the signal releasing the crew?
  • Why does the CRJ need three pieces of ground equipment when the APU is inoperative?
  • Why is the CRJ 200 AC & DC external power, the CRJ 700 AC only, and the ATR both AC & DC?
  • What problems are associated with a kinked air hose from a bottle or huffer?
  • Why does the CRJ 200 usually park and taxi with the flaps extended?

Last edited:
Another brillant idea from ASA! G/O, gate agents, rampers etc can now ride the JS to "observe" what we go through? Like they even care to begin with. I'm not in too much of a cooperative mood right now being the company wants to pay me 8-10 dollars less than my peers. Can you say "silent treatment" when they come onboard? And, what if we have a pilot JSer? Who rides then?

STRIKE ASA!
The Company Does Not Pay Us What We're Worth!

IF you actually read the memo, it's only intended for ACS management personnel. Not rampers or gate agents. Don't shoot the idea down before you even hear the facts!

They don't know the answers to the above questions?

Who trained them?

Are you surprised by this?

This sounds more like a fourth-grade field trip than an airline.

[Originally posted byOakum_Boy]
They don't know the answers to the above questions? Apparently not. Have you ever heard an educated response from these folks when making requests on the ramp? I think that have a response card that goes like this:
1. Crew requests fuel - Response: "Copy dat"
2. Crew requests windshield cleaning - Response: "Roger that Acey ###"
3. Crew requests catering - Response: "Good Copy"
4. Crew has INOP APU - Response: "Good Copy, Good Copy"

Who trained them? Poor training/morale stems down from the top. read: BL.

Are you surprised by this? Yes, this is a f**king airline not Mickey D's.

This sounds more like a fourth-grade field trip than an airline. Well I was going to say 6th grade, but I'm still new and give everyone way to much credit.

They don't know the answers to the above questions?

Who trained them?

Are you surprised by this?

This sounds more like a fourth-grade field trip than an airline.

It is fourth grade management. They need to be shutdown. Time for a little walkout.

Latest resources

Back