AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA9001/history/20100629/0600Z/KSEA/PHNL

This was flown over EMPTY to do video flights around the islands with Clay Lacy's Lear. How much do you supposed this cost? We have money to burn on this but can't bring back our furloughs? Once again the marketing department trumps the flight department in the running of the airline. Let them cancel all they want. I have been called twice in a week for JA. BTW, I heard sick calls are up again.

They money is always there for "North of Expected" commercials and PR.

As for the sick calls, we tried to warn them (BJ, BM, GB, & TK) about this when accounting & productivity types (GH & BJ) threw more guys under the bus in October AND decided to award 1/3 less Summer vacation. Of course they ignored us and figured that they could count on VSA & Premium Trip ****** to save them in the Summer. Oh well... GH & BJ are way smarter than all of us in understanding pilots.

What did you think of the news letter and graph depicting sick calls we got in our V-files. I believe that was a shot across the bow and if anyone calls in sick you better be able to back it up. It's going to be a long summer.

Baze: try Irifune Japanese restaurant in HNL. Good, cheap and close to the hotel. About a 5 min. walk.

Haven't had a chance to look at the newsletter, since I haven't had access to my v-file for a few days, but I heard about its contents. I would expect scare tactics like this from a regional airline. Anyway, I did like the MEC's E-Mail in response to that Bill Lumbergh-esque newsletter.

AKMD80GUY: Thanks for the tip. I doubt I'll be going HNL any time soon, but I'll keep your recommendation in mind.

What did you think of the news letter and graph depicting sick calls we got in our V-files. I believe that was a shot across the bow and if anyone calls in sick you better be able to back it up. It's going to be a long summer.

Baze: try Irifune Japanese restaurant in HNL. Good, cheap and close to the hotel. About a 5 min. walk.

I asked JW about sick call rate from this summer compared to last summer.
The ANSWER: The Exact Same!!!! Sick calls are not "spiking" but are at the same historical levels. Planning is just pointing blame. I know it's cliche', but when you point a finger, three are pointing right back at you!!

Staff the airline properly, folks, it's just that easy. Allow trip trades, allow reserve day trades, properly staff the correct bases, and the problems will take care of themselves.

Mookie

Shot across the bow...to know your contract and your rights. This doesn't change anything. Everybody could call out sick tomorrow and they wouldn't be able to discipline any individual pilot. "I have no idea why the other 1,360 pilots called out yesterday...all I know is I was not fit to fly.

If you are not fit to fly you are not fit to fly.

P.S. - the correct answer is..."no I am not able to fly JUST one more leg back to Seattle."

"I have no idea why the other 1,360 pilots called out yesterday...all I know is I was not fit to fly.

If you are not fit to fly you are not fit to fly.

P.S. - the correct answer is..."no I am not able to fly JUST one more leg back to Seattle."

Did something happen yesterday???

Looks like things went smoothly over the weekend. However, our reserve staffing levels (especially the right seat) for all bases were low yesterday and have carried on to today. As a matter of fact, LAX has ZERO FO reserves today.

Latest resources

Back