• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think we'll see any recalls until this SEA ETOPS thing is resolved. However, as we get closer to the summer months, the number of block hours will require some sort of recall. It's just the number of recalls that is unknown.

Bid is out. No recalls. SEA reduction of 10 Captains and 14 First Officers to ANC.

This is a "shot across the bow."

This will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the MEC to settle the SEA ETOPS base issue. The effective date of April 1 seems farther out then has been the case recently. This leaves some time to cancel this bid and then run another bid under the SEA ETOPS base scenario.

This is a "shot across the bow."

This will put a tremendous amount of pressure on the MEC to settle the SEA ETOPS base issue. The effective date of April 1 seems farther out then has been the case recently. This leaves some time to cancel this bid and then run another bid under the SEA ETOPS base scenario.

I disagree on the "shot across the bow" or the pressure on the MEC. I think this is just something they had to get in motion to account for the new Hawaii flying in mid-March. They can cover it until April, when flying slowly starts increasing toward the summer schedule in June.

However, I agree with your last two sentences. I still firmly believe that once they settle this ETOPS situation we will see another bid out with vacancies.

Latest resources

Back