Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F9Recruiter said:
ATL,

I'll never forget where I came from. I don't think I have attained rock star status and that is not my desire. I'm just part of something great here, even Crew Sked gets involved with the process, what other company has the level of involvement that F9 does? Thanks for all you guys do.

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. You are a rock star though. Your episode of VH1:Behind the Desk is airing next week. Check your local listings. :p

Alright, well apparently i am way behind the conversation curve here today...but what do you expect for a night freight guy who spent the day sleeping right?:laugh:

Well, F9recruiter(aka Gary) already answered your question US Flyer, but i will reaffirm what he said...I interviewed with a few guys who had CO addresses and also a couple from out of state. I know at least one of the out of state guys started class on the 3rd (man i wish i was in that class...but it's ok, at least i got a class;) ). I also know of one person in my class who is coming in from CA.

Sounds like things are getting really busy at the GO, are you going to be dropping by the GO with them F9recruiter to show them what it is like there? I really enjoyed spending the day there for the interview, it was a really awesome place, and meeting all the people was a real bonus. And hey, when are they going to do a reality show on the pilot training/ day in the life of the pilots at F9...i mean heck, I want to be on TV too:D ...I am going to have to watch the F/A show on the Travel channel.

Everyone waiting for the interview, hang in there, there are still a lot of spots available. I still don't know much on plans or what to expect yet, but when i find out i will share what i can with everyone.

FL280 said:
I've been "hanging in there" for the past 3 years.:confused:

Not trying to pick on you here FL280, but be very careful what you say on these boards. Don't try to stir the pot like was "seemingly intended" by your previous post about not even looking at those outside of CO/Denver area. As you now know, Gary watches these boards as do a couple of the interviewers, so if you plan on getting a shot make sure that nothing bad is said about anything or anyone even coming close to pertaining to F9. To everyone, be optimistic and keep up the good fight. It will all eventually pay off for you in the end...I too waited for a long time. Your time is coming FL280, soon enough you too will be talking about how long it took you to finally get your shot.

I have waited for awhile now as well......would wait as long as it took to be at F9. Matter of fact I took a 50% pay cut to get some jet time at my current job to be more attractive for F9.(I was in the left seat of a J31 for 4 years at a 135 company) It is all about paying your dues.

Good luck to all "in the pile" trying to get your shot. Keep the faith :)

I just started my 1st week of indoc and I continue to be amazed at how professional and friendly everyone is. Everyone, and I mean Everyone is on the same page here at F9. This is one focused company inside and out. Everyone knows exactly what their job is and what the goals of the company are. But what is really incredible is the energy and excitement you feel just being around F9 employees. I wake up and pinch myself everyday.

Oh, and FL280, we have a good chunk of our class that does not live in Colorado, so that dispells you eloquent theory.

Connections Connections.....

Wow what a reality check!! I've been reading through this entire post...awesome info...congratulations to all you guys who got the call, best of luck to all who are waiting.
I just wanted to throw in (not entirely in a negative way, system has to work somehow right?) that at the end of the day all in all its about who we all know....
Connections and recommendations open doors, I suppose its always been this way but in a cense its sad.... I fly for a small cargo outfit, work with a group of wonderfull guys and we are all working at clawing our way up the ladder but it seems like a rough go - even if the qualifications are there trying to make connections with our routes and schedules is tougher then it seems....
But then again, I suppose its all part of the ride!! How many of you guys come from a freght background??

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back