Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone else get a phone call from United today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Applied got the email last Friday to fill out the assesment online. Email today that they were reviewing my qualifications. Who knows whats next if anything. Good luck to all that have applied at UAL.

Civ/Mil
6900TT
2900 PIC Turbine 121/135/91
B-737,CL-65,CE-560,CE-500

this is the email i recd about a week ago. I think it's the "let down" letter.

Phone screening is just a confirmation of your flight times. My Soft question was :

What three words would you use to describe a good pilot, to which i responded, Safe, Competent, and patient.

and then i got the email ( which apparently was so important they reiterated it twice in the email)

I think they are hurting for people-- they havent gotten nearly the number of what they considered " qualified applicants- which fit their needs"

Oh well, good thing i didnt quit my day job.

Thank you for the opportunity to consider you for the pilot position. We are closely assessing your skills against our current needs. If we can offer you additional encouragement, we will contact you to advise you of the next steps.

Due to administrative constraints and the overwhelming interest in this position, we cannot respond to emails or phone calls regarding the status of your candidacy. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we assess your candidacy for a pilot position with United. Your application will remain on file for one year. If we can offer you encouragement during that time period, we will contact you.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
United Airlines

Skippy, I don't think that is the letdown email. I received that exact email last week just a few hours before I received an email from the recruiter trying to set up the time to go over my application.

Same soft question at the end though. I used patience also.

patience is a virtue.

I say its the let down letter because this is the email i rec'd a day AFTER i did the phone screening and havent rec'd an email for an interview invitation as they said i would if chosen within 72 hours.

life goes on.

Skippy, If it means anything, I got that same email AFTER the psyc test, but before the "call us" email. Who knows what's up with that email??? I haven't called them yet though...I'm sure they have a few apps to go through. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
same letter

Hey guys,

I got the same email after the assessment, but before the "call us" email. I think it was just an auto reply, saying to not bother them.

Did the psych test and all that. Waiting for the rest. B747 Captain looking for some quality of life. Doing a type at the United training facility and overheard an a guy stating there was plans of a class in September. Who knows... Good luck to all!

Hey guys, after you first finished the app, did you get the email stating the following. Just wondering if everyone gets the same message? Thanks.

"Thank you for applying for the position of Pilot-DEN901XXXX. We have received your application and will be reviewing your experience and qualifications. Please click here if you would like to update your candidate application. The most competitive candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Department. We thank you for your interest.

Latest resources

Back