Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone else get a phone call from United today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I’m crazier then I thought. I received this email about 2 days after the psych test. it's back to the loony bin/mesa for the next 24 months for me.....

.......Thank you for your interest in the pilot position with United Airlines. At this time, we have other candidates who more closely meet our requirements. You are welcome to reapply for consideration 24 months from the date of this correspondence.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
United Airlines......

I'm sorry that happened. I can't believe this 24 month deal. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure some questions are going to get asked about this. The new hire department is still sort of a mystery to most here since it's completely different. The interviews are no longer in DEN. They're in ORD and I don't know anyone who could name one of the interview folks yet. If I hear anything official about the 24 month deal I'll post it here. That's crazy. To be pushed 24 months without an interview. I could see some sort of a short time limit after an interview but not in the app review process. Sorry.

Yeah ZP, sure enough, I didn't think I would, but I got the "call us" email too. What am I getting myself into hear, lol???? Any good UAL gouge out there??? help!!

Seriously, two years?! Is UAL trying to get applicants for itself or for Delta?

Could the guys and gals that are getting the Psych Test and Phone calls could please post their general experience levels and wether or not they had internal recs? Thanks!

After filled out psych test got email regarding you will be notified for future openings. 2 days later call for 20 minute phone screen. Haven't called back yet to schedule it.

44 yrs, 13K CA narrow body jet, no internal recs

24 months? Geez. I think everyone is kind of in the blind here as to what the process is and I know I don't have any gouge. The company hasn't really said much about the process other than they have 12 interview Captains in training right now and that as of a few days ago, we have 900 applicants on file who are "well qualified" (thier words).

Good luck

I also got the email to call. Wondering what they are looking for during the call.

6100 TT
3000 PIC Turbine

Family member is UAL CA.

Apllied. 4 days later the email for personility assesment. Today I got the "we are closely assessing...." email.

Wonder where this is going.

7k Total
3k + PIC
5 Types
Check Airman
Civilian
Enlisted Military

The email

Hi folks,

I got the email last Wed 7/25 for the online assessment, which I did that night. Sun I received email #2 to call and schedule a phone screening. I did that today, 7/30. No surprises, they walked through the basics of the online app to verify and clarify the responses.

Next was the daunting "We'll be in touch by email." I guess it's better than "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Anyone else further than this in the process?

Military--C17 Reserves
5800 Total time Multiengine Jet
C17/C141
ATP-737type

Guys,

It's moving faster than I thought, but who knows, it can always come to a screeching halt.

Filled in app Fri, 21 Jul
Sent link to personality questions on Tue, 24 Jul
Filled out questions on Wed, 25 Jul
Emailed by recruiter to send a good time for her to call to go over app on Frid, 27 Jul
Just got off phone with recruiter, Mon 30 Jul

Was told that she was confirming parts of the app and would zap it into cyberspace to move onto the next step. I was told that I would get a call (maybe she said email) in the next 48-72 hours to do another round of questions. By the way, the recruiter said she had a "soft" question at the end of our review of my hours. Talk about throwing me off guard.

Tim1Wolf, did they only go over your app or were there any questions at the end?

Good luck to all.

4000 TT all military
2250 PIC
GV type

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back