Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone else get a phone call from United today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a psych test but no phone call (yet). 6000TT, 2000 turbine PIC, three types (one heavy jet, one corp jet one turboprop) and a degree.

Why would you want to quit a job where you are a 747 Capt?? That is pretty much the pinacle for us in aviation.

Hi!

747 captain the pinnacle?

WRONG!

As everyone knows, the pinnacle of aviation for all of us pilots is that Northwest Airlink operator that flies CRJs. We all hope to go there someday, and retire from there. If you do, you will have reached the "Pinnacle" of N. American aviation.

cliff
YIP

Got the call today from United pilot recruitment. Current JetBlue A320 FO, 7000+ total, 2700+ 121 Jet PIC. No Internal Rec

Could the guys and gals that are getting the Psych Test and Phone calls could please post their general experience levels and wether or not they had internal recs? Thanks!

6200 Total
1050 Jet PIC
1487 Military Instructor (T-34C)
3400 Jet
2200 part 121 SIC
860 actual insrument

No internal rec (Yet)

5000TT, 2000 PIC tubine, ATP, Evaluator, no internal rec. I Took the psyc test and got the email a couple of days after the test saying "We are closely assessing your application with United Airlines" It basically goes on to say thanks but we'll call you if needed, I think???

Why do you want to leave JB for Yo nited?

For the same reason some of your Captains have left JetBlue to come back to United off furlough. I think you know why but had an irresistible urge to throw "yo nited" out on the msg board. I hope it made your sorry arse feel better.

For the same reason some of your Captains have left JetBlue to come back to United off furlough. I think you know why but had an irresistible urge to throw "yo nited" out on the msg board. I hope it made your sorry arse feel better.

Hit a nerve, did I? Now for an education, the CA's that leave JB to go to United are going back to 6 or seven year pay. I was asking a question to an F.O. who would be going to year one pay, and why he/she would do that. Get it?

ualdriver, keep in mind that most of us at the "LCCs" weren't here during those days of high pay and good working conditions at the legacies. A majority of AAI pilots were hired after 9/11 when the legacies were furloughing and taking huge paycuts. Guys like myself and Lear70 came to work here after looking at the other airlines as they exist now and realized that pay/working conditions were just as good here (if not better) than the legacies. About the only places that pay better or have better overall working conditions than AAI are SWA, UPS, and FDX.

So, to criticize current AAI pilots for "lowering the bar" isn't exactly accurate. Now, if Lear70 were to vote "yes" to a contract here years from now that undercuts the legacies, then you'd have some room to criticize.

I wasn't criticizing "new" AAI pilots like you and Lear, although it may have came across like that. Actually, we anxiously await any bar raising on AAI's part!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back