Any Pet Peeves?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KO King said:
Hey Rook! You a Kostya fan????? Did you see the Hatton fight? That was tough man. It's good to see another pilot who knows a little something about Boxing. I am a Fanatic!
Oh back to the topic!
Captains who constantly tell you you shouldnt be with the airline because you are too young....In a "joking" way.....and captains who you dont even like that say things about your race in a "joking" way but you know they really mean it...A$$holes

Got your PM. Yeah a big K-Zoo fan. Hatton fight nearly had me in tears. I've finally gotten enough seniority that I can be home when the big fights on HBO and Shobox are on.

Gobi Gred said:
1. Controllers who issue taxi instructions right after you touchdown.

Thank you! I heard this a lot while flying for Corpex in some of the smaller class "D" airspaces. IE---> Marion IL (MWA) EERRR!
I just got to the point where I didn't respond until we we're clearing the active RW.

KO King said:
captains who you dont even like that say things about your race in a "joking" way but you know they really mean it...A$$holes

UUMMM??

LAXSaabdude said:
Aww thanks! And most of the FOs I fly with are very cool too, you included, English! There are like 3 people I can think of who fit my earlier description. One of them is still here (and is a captain now:eek: !), and the other two are at Allegiant.

I take pride in treating my FOs as my peers and equals. Unfortunately some take that as an invitation to walk all over me. They find out what it's like to fly the rest of the month with my evil twin!

Hows the gall bladder by the way, I saw the pictures! Yuck!

LAXSaabdude.

GROSS!!! I'm so sorry he passed those pictures around. The gallstone was so big, he started acting like a proud father. He even named it - "Corky".

*edit*

I guess it doesn't really apply...sorry....back to your regularly scheduled pet peeves...

Last edited:
English said:
GROSS!!! I'm so sorry he passed those pictures around. The gallstone was so big, he started acting like a proud father. He even named it - "Corky".
:DNo big deal, I've seen worse on CSI. Just glad to hear you're doing better.

OK, now, looking at the configuration of your new wheels in your avatar, it looks like you don't partake in one of my non-aviation related pet peeves, but here's one for ya.....

People who drive convertibles with the top down and windows up. It looks like someone driving a fishbowl! All or nothing, I say!

I have an Eclipse Spyder, and there is a single switch that puts the top, AND all windows down at once. That's why it completely blows my mind when I see someone driving this car with the windows UP, because that means that they actually went back and rolled all the windows up before driving it!:confused:

LAXSaabdude.

Captains that are off the plane and chasing the crew bus before the engines have even spooled down, leaving me waiting for 20 minutes with the poor pax cursed to need a wheelchair in ATL.

Captains that let the gear warning horn whine away for 15 seconds before doing anything about it.

Captains that start their initial brief with "I like to do everything standard/by the book" and proceed to do everything but. If you're not going to do it, don't say it!

No offense to you Captains. I know that there are equally annoying FOs out there, but as an FO myself I obviously don't fly with them. I'm probably one of them occasionally.

LAXSaabdude said:
:DNo big deal, I've seen worse on CSI. Just glad to hear you're doing better.

OK, now, looking at the configuration of your new wheels in your avatar, it looks like you don't partake in one of my non-aviation related pet peeves, but here's one for ya.....

People who drive convertibles with the top down and windows up. It looks like someone driving a fishbowl! All or nothing, I say!

I have an Eclipse Spyder, and there is a single switch that puts the top, AND all windows down at once. That's why it completely blows my mind when I see someone driving this car with the windows UP, because that means that they actually went back and rolled all the windows up before driving it!:confused:

LAXSaabdude.

In my defense :) when I bring the top down in my new car, continually pressing the top down button does three things;

1) rolls the windows halfway down
2) opens the top
3) rolls the windows back up

I usually release the button after the top comes down, and that leaves my windows at the half-up position. It's a nifty feature. I guess I could roll the windows all the way down after the sequence completes, but then my hair would get messed up ;)

shamrock said:
Captains that start their initial brief with "I like to do everything standard/by the book" and proceed to do everything but. If you're not going to do it, don't say it!

AMEN!

Latest resources

Back