• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Pet Peeves?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well said LAXSaabdude, This thread is very helpfull. A lot of the input from these posts can help me and hopefully help others. Feel like I'm in "AA" again. LOL

Another peeve: Flight attendants that look like this.

FlyChicaga said:
  • People who are too f-in lazy to get out of their air conditioned cockpit to ask the ramp to remove the GPU or air cart. So they call OPS and bitch instead. Seriously, most of the rampers know english, and will appreciate you talking to them like a person.

Ditto!!!!!!

Ops, Jetlink 20XX, we are pushing in 15 and no pax, what's the deal?

Most likely, this guy wears a hat, highlights the route in the enroute chart, and asks for 3 cups with his coffee!!

-People who key the mike without listening first

My favorite:

"Ops, we are on 79, tell the ramp the bag door is still showing open." Well WTFO, aren't they going to get on headset with you in what, 30 seconds? That's why I never keep Ops up in IAH. My captain and I nearly lost it one day listening to everyone complain, so I finally told Ops that if they needed us, call our cell phones. We can't handle the bitching. They laughed and said OK.

Ops people who are lightning quick to code a delay to the crew, but whenever one of them causes the delay, get extremely "creative" in how to code it.

Had a very minor MEL last week, had all the paperwork done loooong before they started boarding, then when the last pax was on about 5 minutes after departure, asked us if they could "code it to the MEL". Uhhh, why did you board us so late....?

Guarantee if we missed our report time by 1 minute, they would have found a way to code it to us.

LAXSaabdude.

Captain X said:
-

- pulling the thrust back in the descent and just letting the airspeed bleed off. You're in a freakin' jet.....GO FAST unless a controller or a reg says otherwise.

THANK YOU! D&mn. Fly fast!

Captain X said:
- pulling the thrust back in the descent and just letting the airspeed bleed off. You're in a freakin' jet.....GO FAST unless a controller or a reg says otherwise.

Don't forget, "Jetlink XXXX cross Stros at 10,000/250 knots." So the guy starts his descent 85 miles from the fix, levels 30 miles from the fix and now everything is bunching up and the rest of us get vectors and slower speed for "Spacing to Intercontinental."

IT'S SIMPLE DESCENT PLANNING PEOPLE!!!!

-Guys that throw the metal 'can' on the floor when they are done looking at it. Is it too much for you to place it on the floor.

-Sniffing in the mic. How old are you, 6? Blow your d@mn nose.

-You think tuna is bad, had a guy eat clams and oysters in the cockpit more than once! I almost yacked, smells like rotting ALPO in PHX. Even the FA called up in flight and said 'you just had to open that.'

-PHL, ATL, and P-56/DCA anytime.

Latest resources

Back