• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Pet Peeves?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mashing the phone keypad when making an airport PA announcement. White Plains (HPN) does that, and it just irritates the living snot out of me.

I don't mean a couple quick beeps to get your attention. I mean BEEEP BEEBEEBEEBEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! ... Man does that tick me off, and I'm only passing through to take a squirt. I can only imagine being a passenger waiting there for an hour.

FlyChicaga said:
My favorite:

"Ops, we are on 79, tell the ramp the bag door is still showing open." Well WTFO, aren't they going to get on headset with you in what, 30 seconds? That's why I never keep Ops up in IAH. My captain and I nearly lost it one day listening to everyone complain, so I finally told Ops that if they needed us, call our cell phones. We can't handle the bitching. They laughed and said OK.

EWR pilots who complain about IAH and IAH pilots all the time.....

Hearing a Corporate idot ask for a deviation because they are "Painting a Rain shower" I swear that' what they said...

Come on if there was anything out there Thursday night over NYC it's was like a level .0000005 or something. Give me a break.

Look at they bright side, when you land you won't have to clean that $40million plane.

-sloppy ass flying by anyone, myself included.

Amen brutha.

Micromanagers. I hate that. If you want a PA about the Fucawe indian tribe then get on it and do it. I'm not gonna take notes.

Rudder trim. nuff said.

Asking for 10 right for weather and then nodding off while still deviating.

<rant>Not paying attention. Get your head out of the freaking book and look for traffic in the terminal area. If we hit a god dang airplane you aint gonna make it to your pro check anyway</rant>

Lowtime Captains who act like they've been flying as long as Lindeberg.

Lowtime Captains who won't shut-up on the PA so I can watch TV.

Stewardess's who won't shut up on the PA, or off the PA.

Pax who ask flying questions only because they are testing our knowledge.

Dishonest/corrupt Union Leaders.

Pilots who dodge taxes by not changing their address to the state where they 'actually' live.

Gate agents who think they are business managers.

Captjiggles said:
For all you prop drivers..............how about the FO that has not figured out how to sync the props. I dread it when I sync them and they adjust it after I just synced it. Maybe I just need a vacation. Sorry to all my FO's for freaking out over that f#%king annoying sh!t they do with the props.

In an aiplane with a fully functional syncrophaser AND syncroscope, no less!! You only need to get it within 25 rpm and the PFM takes over. It becomes clear why after your 15 hours of piston multi you are now stone deaf and I must yell to get through a checklist.

Also..Agents who do not know how to check a flight, nor how to list a person on a flight, nor how to do a bag claim.....yet they are working a flight all alone.

Rampers who cannot perform basic addition on a bag sheet, and do not know how to plug in a GPU. Guys that burn up all of Union Carbide's annual glycol production to remove 5 square feet of frost, but then leave a 1/2 inch of slush on the wing during the next snowstorm.

I'm tired, I could go on, but why bother.

Latest resources

Back