Any Pet Peeves?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
In my defense :) when I bring the top down in my new car, continually pressing the top down button does three things;

1) rolls the windows halfway down
2) opens the top
3) rolls the windows back up
Interesting. Exactly the opposite of mine.
I usually release the button after the top comes down, and that leaves my windows at the half-up position. It's a nifty feature. I guess I could roll the windows all the way down after the sequence completes, but then my hair would get messed up ;)
But that's "the look", ya know!!:)

LAXSaabdude.

FO's that take take the paperwork and underline 8 million things just to do it first. And then it turns out this guy underlined the wrong weather. Argh. BTW I understand you need to write stuff about the fuel and weights. No sweat there.

FO tells me he doesn't like to use the taxi light for app clearance reminder, he likes to use landing light. Reaches up and switches them after I turned it on. On my leg.

FO's who tell the gate agent in a loud voice with passengers around the boarding area after being informed about a weight restriction "That's okay, we'll just find some half-weights!" Let's just keep that between us in the cockpit, and would you mind consulting with me? I'm standing right there.

That said, those are the only annoying things out of the many guys I've enjoyed flying with. I even had a good time with these three, just not quite as stress-free. Most of the FO's do a great job and put up with a lot of annoying CA's out there.

- the guy who's been on line for 2 months but flew at another carrier so has to remind you every leg that he's "not new to line flying."

- the same guy carrying 10 knots over TARGET on EVERY single approach and landing.

- pulling the thrust back in the descent and just letting the airspeed bleed off. You're in a freakin' jet.....GO FAST unless a controller or a reg says otherwise.

-sloppy ass flying by anyone, myself included.

-receiving an airplane with a pretty significant MX discrepancy that the inbound crew says "...but we didn't write it up or call MX."

-cleaning up another crew's trash ESPECIALLY fucking DIP SPIT!

-heavy breathing in the hot mic

1. The captain who tells me about his political opinions and thinks that i should agree with him.

2. Racism in the cockpit...enough said.

3. Getting stuck with a male flight attendant every month.

1. The guy who "throws" the spoiler lever to deploy and it bounces back to retract.
ie paying for a roller coaster ride

2. Guys who wont shut up when your call sign is heard and you need to respond.

3. Delta pilots and "wind check" on short final.

4. Guys who complain about their UNION and think paying dues is taking part.

5. Contollers wwithout a sense of humor.

6. STUCK WITH 2 CAT-FIGHTING MALES LOVERS FOR A MONTH!!!

Last edited:
6. STUCK WITH 2 CAT-FIGHTING MALES LOVERS FOR A MONTH!!!

I dont know about the last one cuz atleast you have humour for an entire month.

I Hate Freight said:
Not making enough money to AFFORD Starbucks.

Ha ha....no doubt

Guys that automatically think because you are female, you didn't do d!ck diddly to get your flying job when you actually gave 1000 times more effort than they did to get the same job.

KO King said:
Very cool man!!!!! Sorry I did take your post the wrong way...oops!
No worries. I saw you were a little new to the forum, anyway. One thing to remember is that people will sometimes use this board to vent out their frustrations that they would not do in real life, especially on a thread called "pet peeves"! Everyone gets a little p/o'd on this board from time to time, but I think there are very few real "jerks" here.

Blue skies!

LAXSaabdude.

Latest resources

Back