• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kmox29 said:
Captains with the "My" syndrome:

Do you have MY release...
You can close MY cockpit door now...
Call for MY taxi...

I had an FO that used to do that. He liked to act like he was the captain even though he failed upgrade 3 times. Then, one day, when the crap hit the fan in the plane, I saw WHY he failed upgrade.

Another FO I flew with didn't like to bother ATC for anything. So, one day we flew an hour and a half right at the tops being bumped around like crazy because it was his leg and he didn't want to ask ATC for higher. I was about to puke and nipped that in the bud finally. I was too nice of a captain I think.

I agree with the improper turbulence reporting. That just pisses me off!

People who say "aaaaaaannnnndddddd Jax center yada yada yada"
People who say " So and So checkin' on at yada yada yada"

Mainline jumpseaters that tell you that they'll be jumpseating.

The next time that happens, I think I'll make them ask, "Pretty please." :rolleyes:

1) People who call ready for take off when traffic is on short final. What do you think the controller is going to tell you?

2) "wind check" when the wind is 180/5.

People who don't understand how a thermostat works.

Hint: Turning it to "full cold" doesn't cool it down any faster. It just means it will cool down through "comfortable" to "freezing".

Turn it up a little, will ya?!

LAXSaabdude.

1. Controllers who issue taxi instructions right after you touchdown.
2. Flying tired.
3. FA's who leave the cockpit door wide open instead of shutting it behind them when they come up front.

LAXSaabdude said:
Aww thanks! And most of the FOs I fly with are very cool too, you included, English! There are like 3 people I can think of who fit my earlier description. One of them is still here (and is a captain now:eek: !), and the other two are at Allegiant.

I take pride in treating my FOs as my peers and equals. Unfortunately some take that as an invitation to walk all over me. They find out what it's like to fly the rest of the month with my evil twin!

Hows the gall bladder by the way, I saw the pictures! Yuck!

LAXSaabdude.

Very cool man!!!!! Sorry I did take your post the wrong way...oops! Sounds like you are one of the captains I would enjoy flying with with your comment about trying to help FO's. I am one that is still enthusiastic and try to learn as much as possible and enjoy when Captains take the time to help you instead of answering your questions and talking down to you at the same time.......like you are less of a person than them.....dorks!!! Anyways, no hard feelings!

Rook said:
Jepp revisions

'cleaning up' a cockpit during an aircraft swap. (I.E. switches)

being mistaken for a CSA when I'm looking at the wx packet

New F/A's telling me the cabin is 'secure' when there are more pax boarding.

Hey Rook! You a Kostya fan????? Did you see the Hatton fight? That was tough man. It's good to see another pilot who knows a little something about Boxing. I am a Fanatic!
Oh back to the topic!
Captains who constantly tell you you shouldnt be with the airline because you are too young....In a "joking" way.....and captains who you dont even like that say things about your race in a "joking" way but you know they really mean it...A$$holes

Whiskerbizkit said:
You must be flying with Riddle dorks!

I've noticed that the hat folks are more often non-aviation schooled guys/gals. You must not fly much - else you'd know that their are jack-arses both non-aviation school and aviation school in all aircraft in both seats. The times when the guy next to me tried to kill me have all been non-aviation schooled kids. Especially former MIL folks (no offense to them). I've found that the Riddle dorks know the WHY and the HOW of many things - so lighten up.

AZT

Latest resources

Back