Any Pet Peeves?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regional4life said:
Jumpseating out of IAH, being at the gate an hour and a half early, asking the gate agent politely for the jumpseat on an NWA flight, and having some puke come up and try to bump me out of the jumpseat saying "My company is wholely owned, It's my jumpseat, I get priority". Read your freakin FOM on redtail jumpseat priority. You're not priority because you are wholely owned. Idiot. And if you are reading this, you know who you are. By the way, how was the continental flight?

FO's thinking that because company alcohol policy is 12 hours and FAR's are 8, that they can excuse the 12 hour rule and judge for themselves how drunk they are inside of 12 without breaking the 8 hour rule.

The human resources hiring policy on flight attendants. Really? If the FO was really drinking inside 12, maybe I know why now!!! dang, can't I be hired at KLM?

New hires of 800 hours thinking they are "The gift" to this airline. "I was hand picked for the jet". Interesting. Can you not Frick up the read back to clearance next time then? I think they already know that we are IFR to Layfette.

R4Life if this was a 9E clown that did this to you I'll apologize for him/her. That's crap!

The XJT jumpseater I had the other day who showed up in a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals, asking for a ride. I'm amazed the gate let him out. For heaven's sake people, at least put pants on for the jumpseat!

And then he had the nerve to be such a nice guy, I didn't have the heart to razz him about it. :D

Rook said:
R4Life if this was a 9E clown that did this to you I'll apologize for him/her. That's crap!

Thanks. I appreciate that. I take it with a grain of salt. What do they say, "One bad apple ruins a bushel?" It's just one guy, definately not the majority of 9E guys. I respect everyone over there (minus one).

CA1900 said:
The XJT jumpseater I had the other day who showed up in a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals, asking for a ride. I'm amazed the gate let him out. For heaven's sake people, at least put pants on for the jumpseat!

And then he had the nerve to be such a nice guy, I didn't have the heart to razz him about it. :D

Man, I've never had the nerve to do that; but I sure would like to be able to.

Passengers riding on planes who would normally be on Greyhound because bankrupt carriers won't die! I had a woman on my flight who screamed obscenities at her innocent kids and I thought ,'where is a govt. sterilization program in this country'.

Why not........

Morons that are employed only because of the ACLU and/or ALPA. I have flown with several folks that would be on the street where they belong if it weren't for their respective union. They are a hazard and occupy a sen. # that I could otherwise have.

Affirmative action.

Democrats.

You.

People that ask my opinion as if they cared.

Senior Captains that say "I could have gone to AA/DAL/UAL 20 years ago, but I would have given all this up. Just be honest about your lack of ambition and fear of rejection.

Anyone that thinks they know what is going to happen next at their airline and then spread it as gospel.

Anyone that went to Riddle and admits it the first time they meet you.

AirTran's 500 PIC/121 requirement.

You.

The Moderators on this board that take themselves waaayyyy too seriously.
Flying .80 when you can do .83

1) Flying hungry. Too many quick turns with aircraft swaps and no time to get some grub. I can only sustain myself with granola, pretzels, and snack packs for so long.

2) People working the ops radio that speak lousy english, and speak it fast. I'm still fairly new, but I'm getting a lot better at decoding the chatter.

3) Neckties. Probably just me, but I hate em. Too bad pilot uniforms can't be polo shirts and khakis.

1. Pilots doing ref+10 25 miles from the airport.

2. Pilots that don't know how to properly report turbulence. eg. Moderate to severe light chop. WTF????????????????

Here let me help:

Light Turbulence that momentarily causes
slight, erratic changes in altitude and/or
attitude (pitch, roll, yaw). Report as
Light Turbulence

Turbulence that causes slight, rapid and
somewhat rhythmic bumpiness without
appreciable changes in altitude or
attitude. Report as Light Chop.

Turbulence but of greater intensity.
Changes in altitude and/or attitude occur
but the aircraft remains in positive
control at all times. It usually causes
variations in indicated airspeed. Report
as Moderate Turbulence;

Turbulence that is similar to Light Chop
but of greater intensity. It causes rapid
bumps or jolts without appreciable
changes in aircraft altitude or attitude.
Report as Moderate Chop.

Severe Turbulence that causes large, abrupt
changes in altitude and/or attitude. It
usually causes large variations in
indicated airspeed. Aircraft may be
momentarily out of control. Report as
Severe Turbulence.

Extreme Turbulence in which the aircraft is
violently tossed about and is practically
impossible to control. It may cause
structural damage. Report as Extreme
Turbulence.

BlackPilot628 said:
I was a ramper for 4 years while I was in college as well, but I wasn't thugged out and we had a dress code. When did they start letting the rampers wear those dangn stockings on there head? Only in STL

OK, maybe I wasnt exactly that thugged out to be wearing stockings. "Only in STL" is about right though. If youve ever seen the STL scene in National Lampoons Vacation movie, that about sums up St Louis.

Latest resources

Back