• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar Fatal Crash Last Night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God Bless them and their families. It's always a punch in the gut when you hear about a fatality at a place you use to work. It's a hard life at AJI. The guys there are taking a tough road on there way to hopefully a better life. To the rest of my Ameristar friends. Stay safe and stay sharp, we all know how dangerous it can be flying in Mexico.

The wreckage was located at an elevation of approximately 5700 feet. Their assigned altitude was 9000 feet.
It was also determined that their heading was approximately 70 degrees off their assigned heading at the time of impact.
Something very bad must have happened that caused them to get 3300 ft and 70 degrees off their assigned course.

I'm glad that somebody found the above article. It seems to support that info. I didn't want to post too much yesterday because I wasn't sure if Dan and Terry's families had heard this news yet. It would've been wrong for them to have to learn of this by reading it on FlightInfo.com.

Four pics of the crash site:
http://www.informador.com.mx/inform...e.php?articleid=41833&album=119&pos=0&pid=553

The wreckage was located at an elevation of approximately 5700 feet. Their assigned altitude was 9000 feet.
It was also determined that their heading was approximately 70 degrees off their assigned heading at the time of impact.
Something very bad must have happened that caused them to get 3300 ft and 70 degrees off their assigned course.

I'm glad that somebody found the above article. It seems to support that info. I didn't want to post too much yesterday because I wasn't sure if Dan and Terry's families had heard this news yet. It would've been wrong for them to have to learn of this by reading it on FlightInfo.com.

Four pics of the crash site:
http://www.informador.com.mx/inform...e.php?articleid=41833&album=119&pos=0&pid=553

Those pics just make your heart sink. Those poor guys.

From the pix it looks like they descended into level terrain, as opposed to hitting rising terrain...something distracted them...or happened to the airplane...

FALCON20DRIVER YOU ARE A VERY CRUEL PERSON. SOMETIMES THE WIVES ARE ON AS WELL. TO ALL OTHERS THANK YOU AND YOUR PRAYERS ARE APPRECIATED. IF ANTBODY WANTS TO SHARE STORIES OR GET UPDATES YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT swnhc@yahoo>com OR CALL 972-757-7656 I MAY NOT ANWER ALL CALLS BUT I WILL TRY. THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE. AUTUMN PATTY (TP'S WIFE)

God Bless You and your families.

FUND for Dan and Terry's families

I would like to host a fund for Dan and Terry's families. Anyone who is interested in contributing, please send me an email to [email protected] with the amount you would like to contribute. I will then email you instructions for where to send the funds. The information and amount of money of each person participating will be kept strictly confidential. The deadline for contributing will be February 2nd.

Once the funds are raised, I will send a check of equal value to both families. Also included will be a card with the names of all who contribute. Each person contributing will receive an email from me letting you know that the check and card have been sent and the total amount of money raised.

Open your wallets and your hearts!

Freight Jock

Last edited:
My heart and prayers go out to the loved ones left behind. A truely sad day for all freight dogs (past and present).

T.P. and I went around and around on here a few times, but I always respected him and everyone that flies on bat patrol. I enjoied our posts and we had a few PM's. He seemed like a great guy, someone I would like to fly with and share a cold one with.

I flew for Ameristar and other freight companies in the past. I've been in and out of Mexico and Guadalajara many times in the past. I agree this is not the "I would have, never do this or that.." I agree that this is not the place or time to figure out what happened or how you would have not let it happen to you etc. I know I got sucked into doing things that later I look back on and can't believe that I got away with in Falcons and Lears. That and flying in other countries is not the US. I've personally had the Mexican ATC try to kill me three specific times. Flying is a very dangerous profession, one that is easy to take for granted. I'm not saying he did, but I know I have been complacent at times, many of us have.

The only two people that know exactly what happened are going to share it only with the other angels now.

Rest in Peace.

"To fly, west my friend, is a flight we all must take for a final check." author unknown.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back