Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Daytonaflyer!

I don't know where you get these rumors from:

It was also determined that their heading was approximately 70 degrees off their assigned heading at the time of impact.

Please don't post heading guesses until we hear some more accurate information!!
(Tapes between ATC and the plane and radar pictures)

My prayers goes out to TP's and DH's families.

That is some interesting news. Witness said that the plane was on fire before it hit the ground.

Good article to see. I didn't think it was CFIT, good to see some proof that it probably was the airplane. RIP fr8dogs!

I just received a correction in the information PM'd to me. It appears the airplane did not turn heading until after impact. The elevation is evidently correct. Of course it is still under investigation. I received this information from Ameristar management.

Freight Jock,
That's a very nice thing you're doing. Thank you.

Last edited:
Good tailwinds guys.

I wish peace during this trying time to your family, and friends.

How dare anyone judge Dan and Terry's ability to fly that aircraft. I have had numerous problems with N444TW icluding pressurization and fuel leaks...all fixed but flying for someone who doesn't believe preventative manaintence is the key!
My heart goes out to their families!
Easy to judge from the sidelines...but if you have never flown a Lear....going from altitude to a warm humid temp....well the window wouldn't allow you to see the ground...in daylight less likely at night! The bleed air unfortunately cant keep up in a way that if you rolled over...would provide you with the references to keep you safe....likely that "CFIT" was the problem...but a cool new word for some!
Lets let the FAA and NTSB do their job and figure out the problem...the sad fact is a Capt. with over 9000 hrs. and sharp F.O. have left families behind!...I guarantee you based on the hole in the ground (which CFIT would be a glance...is based on somehting more!!!)...that something else went wrong!
http://www.guadalajarareporter.com/fullcover.cfm?id=12

Check these out!

Regards to their families they were great sticks!!!!​

TxPilot0878 said:
Lets let the FAA and NTSB do their job and figure out the problem

Lets hope they can... Mexico doesnt always roll out the red carpet for foreign governments.

Pony up guys... Anytime this happens, the families should get no less than 25K from donations. A new thread with a sticky should be posted with the fund info.

Wolfpackpilot
(Ram Air Frieght, 90's)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back