• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar Fatal Crash Last Night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry if you took it that way. I feel bad for the 2 pilots and their families, and they are in my prayers. I hope that the families get some retrobution from aji, especially for putting them in junk at all hrs. My hope is, A legitimate owner will come in and run these companies like Airnet. Then we would have less fatalities like this one.

Last edited:
Tonight I learned some more specific details about the crash. I will not post them now.
It seems that the crash may not have been CFIT after all. The wreckage was apparently not on the side of a mountain like originally believed. It was much lower. There are just too many unanswered questions right now.

If you don't want to share, then don't bring it up

I hope that the families get some retribution from aji, especially for putting them in junk at all hrs. My hope is, a legitimate owner will come in and run these companies like Airnet. Then we would have less fatalities like this one.

Dude, quit posting crap like this, it really just makes you sound stupid. Details of the accident aren't even out yet and you're speculating that "legitimate owners" would have prevented this? Moron.

If you don't want to share, then don't bring it up

Id!ot! There are many reasons (legally, morally, etc) why Daytonaflyer doesn't want to release information that isn't yet proven. Use some common sense and show some compassion, don't chastise! This accident is very personal to several of us on this thread.

With your moral character, you'll never be hired by Flexjet which I know you aspire. Think before you type.

Though I didn't know either of them, my hat is off to these fallen freight dawg brothers.

haulingthemail,
The reason I brought it up was to stop people from thinking that they may have accepted a visual approach and gotten off the published approach altitude by beginning an early descent. It does not appear that CFIT was the cause.
More info will be released soon. I want to be sure that this information is correct before it gets posted online.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back