• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar Fatal Crash Last Night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of their Lears have TWAS but I hear they rarely work. Terry P and Dan H were both good pilots and will be greatly missed. My condolences go out to their families and co-workers.

Who needs NTSB investigators, when you have FlightInfo experts to determine the cause in minutes?

Sorry to hear the news, I send my condolences to their families. It still amazes me the smaller freighters that do the same job as DC-9, or 737, or whatever are not required to have TCAS, TAWS, or Ground Prox. Maybe the FAA will take a closer look now. Guys please drop the I would do this or that or I am a better Captain routine, speculate to yourselves let the NTSB give a probal cause, Thank you.

Last edited:
. Guys please drop the I would do this or that or I am a better Captain routine, speculate to yourselves let the NTSB give a probal cause, Thank you.

I agree 100%..

I was in type school with the Captain and the FO was a friend of mine.They both were good sticks. TP was a great guy to fly with and was always a blast to be around. The sad part is that he just turned in his two weeks notice and was moving on. My heart goes out to their wives and children. R.I.P. AMIGO'S!!!!

Sorry to hear about the Ameristar guys - I was always very concerned when I was flying down in Mexico - lots of mountains that were just below the MEAs. I never took the visual at night - and rarely during the day. Just too much to hit.

We will miss you boys. RIP. Tailwinds from here on out. Your families will be in our prayers.

Van

You are cleared to...

Dear Terri and Dan,

your loss will never be forgotten among us AJI Pilots!

You are now cleared...unrestricted climb!

Godspeed!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back