• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar Fatal Crash Last Night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mrs Hughs you and your family are in my families prayers. judging byall these post he was one heck of a good guy.

Rumors schmumers. Whether they were on the correct heading or not, terrain clearance in Mexico and most of the world is the responsibility of the crew. If it was a problem with the airplane, that's just the risk you take with this job, be it fair or not. Tragic accident, nonetheless.

The point is you should be able to trust the aircraft because the owner is supposed to maintain it properly. Aircraft crashes due to poor or sloppy maintenance are unacceptable. That is not one of the risks you should have to take in this job. So quit talking out your A$$ you didn't know either of these men or anything of their capabilities!

Pilot error, faulty maint, bad controllers......

Regardless of how it happened our ranks are two pilots short. My condolences to the families, didn't know them but sounds like they were great guys to share a cockpit with. RIP...................

Dear Mrs Hughes,

Please be careful during your conversations with Ameristar Management, trust me! In my opinion she will act like a friend, only for a short time.

You should have absolutely no conversations with their management, refuse any and all invitations to to be interviewed by anyone. Make no more statements here or elsewhere. And when all of your personal family needs have been met and you have had some time to yourself, interview several well qualified and well financed (independant experts are extremely expensive) aviation attorneys with extensive federal court experience and then make an informed decision as to how best to proceed for the sake of you and your family.

Although I don't know you and am an ocean and continent away my prayers are with you dealing with such a horribly sudden tragic loss.

One final thought that took me years to understand after my own very poor response to dealing with a tragic loss was the statement by Robert Frost, that he could sum up the meaning of life in three words "It goes on".

Dear Mrs Hughes,

Please be careful during your conversations with Ameristar Management, trust me! In my opinion she will act like a friend, only for a short time.

I strongly agree. Companies in these situations are always about damage control and how best to mitigate the negative impacts as how it affects them. They don't really care about the pilot or his family no matter what they say. Sad, and unfortunate but true.

Dear Mrs Hughes,

I agree 100%!!! Stacy Muth and TW aren't to be trusted at all. All they care about is making money even if it ruins all of their pilots and families lives. I heard that hours after the crash, TW came in and asked the dispatchers who was getting quotes. Get a lawyer and let them do the talking for you.

Anyone still working there hear any similar stories? How did they handle the other 2 fatal crashes? Didnt the girl who survived sue them?

Last edited:
What he said.

I have nothing to say to Ameristar other than Thank You. They have been nothing but kind and have done thier absolute best to return my husband to me. I am very grateful for all they have done. Now it's time to let the healing begin and rasie mine and my husbands children the way he wanted me to. There is nothing I can do about what happened it's done and I must now concentrate on our babies. I thank you all for all the wonderful things you have said about our husbands. Hope to see all you guys in Dallas.

Latest resources

Back