• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar Fatal Crash Last Night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
May both of you Rest In Peace. I never knew the guys, but a fellow pilot is a fellow pilot. Godbless. Your families are in my prayers.

I would like to thank all those who have written wonderful things about our husbands. You all knew them as fellow pilots and us wives where blessed with the rest. Dan loved to fly and knew that would be the way he checked out, doing what he loved. He didn’t think it would happen until our son was a pro motocross star but knew someday it would. I will be in Dallas at Terry’s service and hope to see all you Ameristar pilots there. My thoughts are with all you freight dogs.

Wishing everyone who knew these two guys-family, friends and coworkers- to be strong and keep their memory and legacy alive!

Everyone out there please be careful and fly safe, hopefully when the final report comes out, no matter what the cause, we can learn from it and become more aware of the inherent dangers of these airplanes and what we do for a living, and come to appreciate things more, and appreciate life for what it is.........

And to the wife who replied in this post, you are a very brave person, and you are in all of our thoughts.

Do what the chart says and you won't HIT mountains.

I will not do a visual approach at night PERIOD
Let me say I am not a fan of these type forums simply because of stupid people like you Falcon20driver! I am a former co-worker of Dan and know first hand of his flying abilities and to read this sh.. you wrote and others like Hammer2 it makes me want to beat the stupidity out of you but I don't have 30 years to waste! I fly freight and people in a B747-400 and can attest that if I had my choice of who sat beside me I would have preferred Dan over several guys I fly with right now.This is a tragic loss for both of these guys families and statements that have been made that suggest that they took short-cuts is simply un-called for.My deepest sympathy goes out to the wives and children left behind.

Let me say I am not a fan of these type forums simply because of stupid people like you Falcon20driver! I am a former co-worker of Dan and know first hand of his flying abilities and to read this sh.. you wrote and others like Hammer2 it makes me want to beat the stupidity out of you but I don't have 30 years to waste! I fly freight and people in a B747-400 and can attest that if I had my choice of who sat beside me I would have preferred Dan over several guys I fly with right now.This is a tragic loss for both of these guys families and statements that have been made that suggest that they took short-cuts is simply un-called for.My deepest sympathy goes out to the wives and children left behind.

Here here! Couldn't said it better.

The Webmaster has removed my other post regarding the Memorial Fund.

If you haven't already noticed, the Webmaster has removed the thread "Donation Fund for Hughes and Patty family (Ameristar Crash)". He said there have been too many hoaxes recently; therefore, the lawyers have recommended that the thread be removed from the Flightinfo Message Board.

If you need further information regarding the Memorial Fund, please send me an email to [email protected].

Thanks,

Freight Jock

Last edited:

Three fatal Learjet accidents in less than 6 years, the first two were pilot error, maybe this one was and maybe it wasn't, but 3 pilots, maybe 5 now have died and one badly injured because of flying fast strait into the ground. At this rate in two to three years they're do another fatal Learjet accident, if someones life is saved by reading my post than it did some good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back