Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good record? Hmm having around 60 pilots with four getting seriously hurt or killed within two years - that would be something like 850 AA pilots crashing airplanes every two years.

Or like you having more than 3% chance of dying a year....no thanks!

By the way - I have friends who still work for ameristar (used to work there myself) and it seems like their scheduling (yeah just part 91 it home....never mind that you will be on duty for 20+ hours) together with the "you can do it!" attitude (planes overweight and out of CG) and pretty marginal maintenance (how many Falcons reach published epr these days??, How many MEL sheets did Tom rip out last month? How many engine flameouts companywide last month etc...) all make it a fairly shoddy operation.

Last edited:
You sir are an idiot to believe that. And if you are a friend of mind, you need to call me sometime so we can discuss this.

Well, if you want to regress to namecalling go right ahead!

I am only stating the facts as they were a couple of years ago - and as some still are today according to three captains that I know that still work there.

Answer any of my statements instead!! Do you ever:

1. Part 91 home after a 14 hour+ duty day (freight delay or weather delay can extend that one indefinetly! 20+ is NOT unheard of)?

2. Fly falcons that dont get close to published EPR?

3. Fly overweight (Falcons and Lears) or out of CG (Lears)?

4. Hear about several flameouts a month in the lears? (Have you ever had one yourself?)

5. Start your rest time when the parking brake is "set" and end it when you get back to the airport? (I wouldn't call that conductive to safety - you get about 8 hrs of rest including eating, sleeping, etc...and after a couple of days like that during "buildout" I don't think ANYONE feels safe)

6. Have you ever written anything up - only to see that page "dissapear" when you take the airplane the next day?

7. Have you ever heard dispatch tell maintnance that an airplane WILL be ready by certain time?

Go ahead and answer! Make my day! - I don't know whether I know you or not - I left ameristar in 1998.

CLCAP

Number 6 on your list used to piss me off all the time! Unfortunately your number 1 happens all the time no matter where you work in the non sked's, someplaces however actually give the pilots the option to do it...unlike Ameristar. Now, not to slam AJI, it has been a long while since I worked there, and as I understand it some things have improved. I just don't understand how they get away without serial numbered log pages....but again, this is the fault of the FAA. The owners are only going to do the bare minimum of what they have to. Did I fly with you? I was there 97-98.

Keep 'em in the green.

I worked at AJC and while I have moved on to "bigger and better", I still think the it was a decent place to work. Yes, it is not for everyone, some people find the working conditions hard, but you work with what you got.

I never felt pressured, but then again, I flew for other 135's before AJC.

All right, I hate to get in on this too late, but I've lost touch with the 135 cargo community. I was an Ameristar pilot back in '96/'97 and was glad to leave. It was good experience, a lot of work, but just not for me - I'll leave it at that. I had not heard about this accident until now, but hope some of you guys could provide some more info on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, caught the thread further down and got some info. Hope the F/O will get better. Always sad when this happens. I had plenty of time in 666TW as well.

Last edited:
Cruxx - check your pm's

I just saw and ad in planejobs.com, that they are looking for Lear and Falcon20 FO for bases in El Paso, Dallas and YIP. Is that Ameristar? Can anybody confirm that?
I am saying it because in their web-site they say that they are currently not hiring...

Thanks.

Scube.

Hey Pilotag - still waiting for your reply to the questions!

Hi!

That Falcon outfit could be "Falcon". They are new, and I know they're looking for Falcon guys in YIP and in TX. They fly Falcon 20s and are expanding.

CLiff
DTW

PS-USA Jet is looking for Falcon guys also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back