• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Wild

Retiring Soon
I keep hearing from my Texas crew members that this young lady whom was injured severely in the Learjet Crash is going to sue the company and Owners or has already filed. Does any one know the truth to this? I feel sorry for the young lady and hope she can recover and live a normal life. If she sues I hope she wins and wins big.

I`d like to see her own the company as well, but what you are hearing as of now is all talk. She has been in an induced coma since the accident, and will be until sometime in November according to reports I`ve heard from my buds at Ameri-scare. Maybe her family is suing, but she hasn`t had the ability to do anything of such.

Im in Texas and have not heard that rumor. Only rumors thus far have been about cause.

Country Wild, you are such an idiot. Have you read the NTSB report? On what grounds is the company liable? The fact that the FAA has done nothing does not bode well for my friends. I absolutely hope Lisa gets everything she deserves and more and I hope Ahbi didn't have to suffer. What we have here is an absolute tragedy of something that shouldn't have happened. For the life of me, I cannot comprehend what Ahbi was thinking. I have flown with him several times and even did a Europe trip with him and I never doubted his flying ability or decision making. That is why this so hard to stomach. Lisa is not in the coma anymore but is unable to communicate at this time. She is doing better than expected and is getting better everyday. She has a long battle ahead of her, but she is strong and will pull through. If any of her friends would like to send a card or something, you can private message me and I can give you the address to the hospital in San Antonio. Take care everyone and fly safe.

Hi!

I heard this same rumour also.

I heard that she had written her parents some time before the accident, complaining to them about how unsafe Ameristar was. She said she wanted to quit as she feared for her safety, but she was under contract for several more months and couldn't quit because of the contract.

I also heard a rumour that she was talking, and doing much better. I hope she pulls through!

Cliff
ELP

This is the crap I can't stand. It absolutely amazes what people supposedly hear that aren't even associated with Ameristar. Let's take a tragedy and start making things up. I am pretty tight with a lot of the crews if not all and they let me know how they feel about everything from policies to maintenance and they don't hold anything back. Well, at least the seasoned guys. I can take our seniority list and pretty accurately tell you who is happy and who isn't, who is trying to upgrade and who is trying to leave as fast as possible. Not one captain, FO, or Lisa herself ever mentioned the concerns some of ya'll are mentioning today. If she really felt her safety was in jeopardy, ya'll are trying to sell me that a contract was holding her down. What jury would find against a defendent being sued over a contract breach if true harm was possible. Even so, would anyone stay due to a financial obligation if you felt your life was in danger. This is horsecrap. After the accident in 2001, a captain told me how a crew from YIP from the guys across the field approached him in LRD. They had the nuts to say how they felt truely bad for the FO and the FOs family. The captain asked what do you mean and they said since the captain committed suicide it was unfortunate the FO had to go down with him. He was very lucky it wasn't me he approached that day. If Lisa sues. Go for it and good luck. I hope nothing but the best for her and her family. As I said before, this should have never have happened. I swear I have chosen the most gossiping career possible. Like a bunch of old women with nothing better to do. If ya'll want to make up stuff about Ameristar, go for it. I don't care. But I do care when people take a tragedy of any company and use it so they can get in a few jabs at the company. Pathetic. Fly safe.

I worked there in 2000 and even though I did not like the company, I never felt like it was an unsafe operation. The only unsafe thing that I could think of is going to unfamiliar airports in the middle of the night. Maint seemed ok, crews were good. I hate to see people doing the armchair quarterback thing, lets face it, there are only two people who knows what happened. Sadly, one is dead and the other fighting for her life.

Remember Pilot Ag, anyone can sue for anything in the US. Think of some of the dum lawsuits...how about the lady whom spilled coffee on herself and won (McDonalds). Lisa's argueing contention could be anything, it is still a lawsuit and still cost money and time to defend against.

Wrong, it is not a lawsuit. It is a rumor. If she decides to sue in the future then I will agree with you, but for now it is nothing but a jab at a company that has lost a family member and has one fighting for her life. That is why I think very little of you and anyone else that would use a tragedy to spread rumors about a company you don't think much of.

wrote to her folks and said the planes were unsafe???

and kept flying those planes???

Im hoping this is just some dumb internet rumor. Pathetic.. people make this stuff up so shortly after the bodies are cold.

And, yup. no matter who is at fault, whomever has the $$$ gets sued. Thats one fact you can count on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back