Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to one of Ameristars mechanics this morning before my departure. He told me about JUS problems a few weeks ago and that thiings will change overthere drastically after Jan first (rumour off-course and 2nd hand to boot). He told me that his own company Ameristar was only in business because of 1 primary customer and hanging on by a thread.

So no need to bash JUS or tell JUS pilots that Ameristar is better. All of us FR8 dogs are just hanging in there and should support eachother. And BTW all of us FR8 dogs work for bottom feeders. I seriously doubt that one is really that much better then another. They're all the same unfortunately.

Interesting, 1 primary customer, huh. Hanging on by a thread. Sounds alot like every freight company to me.

The Wedge

YIP,

It's been awhile since I've been here that is true! But when I saw VS19 or whatever sounding off....I had a good laugh. Then I realized...he is serious. He really thinks Ameristar is more than an airpirate outfit. So, I couldn't help but to sound off this one time.

By the way...I didn't mean Army helo pilots....I can give them an exception....LOL. Anyway, sounds like things are getting crazy over there in Willow. Please don't tell me I have to come back and straighten out that mess.
You need to get things squared away again....I mean where will I go when I get furloughed! I WILL NOT go back to Ameristar...LOL.

We do have to get together at the wedge one day....I miss that $3 pitcher of beer and we can play count the teeth again....but that won't take long.

good luck over there

if you dont own shares in either company or you're sleeping with someone that does, stop bragging about who is better. if you are a pilot, you are just an employee, nothing more, nothing less. the signal callers dont even know your name or care who you are. the only thing they care about is if that freight is getting delivered.

Last edited:
To Cruxx: I know what Ameristar is and I know what it isnt. Im just proud to be here. A lot of people dont take pride in their jobs anymore, but I still do. The idea is to come to Ameristar, or Cherry or wherever and spend your time and then move on to bigger and better things...so why would you come back? I would think that since JUS prepared you so well for the aviation industry you'd be chief somewhere by now.

To landlover: I dont own shares and Im not tagging anyone that does...Im just a proud individual thats all.

To PilotYip: You are right, it was clansinclair that said that...my bad.

Last edited:
Well....actually, I don't ever want to come back to freight....but you know I did do something very foolish long ago and that was learn to fly and decided to make a career of it. Unfortunately it's in my blood and I will always chase the dream. No-where is safe and someday I will probably be your F/O hauling chickens, flying a DC-3 out of Puerto Rico when we are both out of work due to bankruptcies...inept management...whatever. We can have a Modello in some dive bar and shooting the crap about good 'ol "Tom W" and "Teak" (if he is still there) and the other "legends" of the freight world.

:pimp:

Kicking ass and taking names. Thats funny!! Your funny!! Don't you know that we give you all the low dollar charters. Your our customers last resort if one of our aircraft can't do the trip. Your on time performance is weak at best according to our customers. You guys can't compete with our Falcons (RVSM). By the way look up because we are flying over your Falcons right now. Hows the weather at 28,000!!!;)
You know I fly a Falcon for AJI and lately, it is true I have been assigned quite a few of ActiveAero trips and as far I am concerned about on time performance I always arrive at least 30 minutes early than the truck wherever I have to pick-up or deliver...and all is set up by your dispatch and if something goes late it is because you call us last minute!!!
By the way if you are so good why GM is demanding that you guys outsource IFL 20's to make the trips rather than using your own 20'S...you just make as many fuel stops we do minus the fun of dodging weather.

Well....actually, I don't ever want to come back to freight....but you know I did do something very foolish long ago and that was learn to fly and decided to make a career of it. Unfortunately it's in my blood and I will always chase the dream. No-where is safe and someday I will probably be your F/O hauling chickens, flying a DC-3 out of Puerto Rico when we are both out of work due to bankruptcies...inept management...whatever. We can have a Modello in some dive bar and shooting the crap about good 'ol "Tom W" and "Teak" (if he is still there) and the other "legends" of the freight world.

:pimp:
Hey cruxx@9 good to hear from you, you crazy mofo! I still laugh my ars off when I think of you swimming in that duck pond! and all the other antics you pulled. Those were good times long gone. If you see Kettle N.."loco grande Norwegian" tell him "hola" for me. adios amigo

pilot yip you tool you lie better than dispatch you seriously accused ameristar pilots of sabatoging your airplanes in laredo a few years ago you paranoid bastard because I duked it out with you back then... dont tell lies MAN UP!! and get on with your life and oh yeah we are reviewing your resume at this time we will be in contact with as positions become avaliable

Rvsm $150,000
New paint job $20,000
New monkey suit with attitude and prestige of greatness $100.00
Ameristar full of JUS resumes priceless.....
for the changes in life expect nothing but your your own ego driven (self given rectal exams) and then when you pull your head out out and realize exactley whats going on.. you can consider yourself informed at get on with your life and realize the theory of go fast and rotate....P.S. Proffesional pilot doesnt mean I show up in a white shirt and tie and preach the gosphel.. its freight get dirty get the job done.

I dont mean to be so harsh but seriously.. it wont be long before the only planes coming out of YIP is Ameristar or Kallitta the only comedy that I find find my self faced with is the priceing war between Tom and Connie to see who gets the airplanes... if I could only watch... my only question to Jet USA is I hope you paint your trucks with your colors and give your drivers fancey uniforms that way you can boast your egos.........but wait I hope TW doenst think of Ameristar Truck Charters.. UH OH !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back