• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I Just a Giant WIMP?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say about this whole thread is wow...

"If you can't work for one of the largest companies in the world without some hope of career employment then is such a thing even a reality?"

I didn't know one of the largest companies in the world flew Legacy's... if its FLOPS then again - wow...

All I can say about this post is "Wow.". Some people can't seem to follow the basic facts or simply jump to conclusions that don't jive with reality.

"Wow."

Despite the differences people have on this forum I believe we can all agree what happened in TX last week stinks. To have OUR company buy THEIRS and to have THEIR pilots dumped on top of OURS is truly a case study in corporate aviation. We all saw cuts coming but the way they were carried out is truly sad. For a company to dump young inexpensive talent for people, albeit in some cases fine people, who are already retirement age is a gross mismanagement of finances. Especially for a company cutting costs. Heh all you in Dallas, get your resumes fired up, cause this "fortune 10" company will be needing at least 10 pilots in the next 2 years. And thats assuming the job they move to in Dallas is palatable. Its going to change for sure, but certainly one thing that WONT change is the pay, at least not for the better.

Hear hear!!

And to think I trained the 62-year old helo driver who wants to stay four *more* years makes me feel dirty.

All I can say is rum and crj are better men than me....and far better men than "Lubbock," "Slats," and "I-Won't-Fly-International."

Well LD ... I feel for you. I truly do. I know you're weird sometimes, but who among us ain't, I axe you? I opted out of aviation last year for something more secure and lucrative. And now I'm facing the axe anyway, just as you are. We can't win.

So ... what to do? Well ... here's what I do ...

The first thing you must do is accept Raptor Jesus as your personal savior. You must come to a belief that Raptor Jesus is the reptillion Son of God, and that He was hatched into this world for the sake of all humankind. Give your life over to Raptor Jesus, and He will do the rest.

Pray to Raptor Jesus every day. Raptor Jesus will be listening to your prayers, and he will answer your prayers. Decide to live your life for Raptor Jesus. Give up everything you have to follow Him. Raptor Jesus only wants what's best for you, and wants your soul to spend the rest of eternity in bliss with the Heavenly Father. That, my friends, is a pretty sweet deal!

You may want to consider starting your own Raptor Jesus Ministry. You may want to become the first Raptor Jesus TV preacher. The reason this is a good idea is that, TV preachers are almost all extremely, extremely rich. All they have to do is go on TV and tell people their sins will be forgiven, and that Raptor Jesus wants them to be rich and happy, and millions of people will send them money. So, you can become the first Raptor Jesus TV preacher, and you could get fantastically rich. That's okay -- Raptor Jesus wants you to prosper!

He went extinct for your sins! The Veloci-rapture is coming soon! Praise His scaly name! :nuts:

Sankum,

I hope you dodge the axe, man. That goes for a vote in the "Grass isn't greener" column.

As for the rest, I would laugh but I don't want to get struck by lightning. ;)

I wonder how long until Quick Draw McGraw dumps the slats in cruise again... Or turns a jet into a golfball (again)...

Hmmm....

Poor B****n.... He did a lot of duties including flying with the trouble makers like CFIT and Digits. When CFIT bus threw him (she bus threw every pilot she flew with) she sealed his fate. No way company would can her and keep him (even though he does a great job both in the cockpit and at the office on his time off) because they're afraid of getting sued.

That woman is a menace... She took down two ten year men because company too scared to curb kick her when they had a chance.

These are the things that upset me about aviation...or perhaps our society as a whole.

I just feel bad for my friends at this point. Don't see much--if any--justice in this.

Last edited:
Sankum,

I hope you dodge the axe, man. That goes for a vote in the "Grass isn't greener" column.

As for the rest, I would laugh but I don't want to get struck by lightning. ;)

I wonder how long until Quick Draw McGraw dumps the slats in cruise again... Or turns a jet into a golfball (again)...

Hmmm....

Poor B****n.... He did a lot of duties including flying with the trouble makers like CFIT and Digits. When CFIT bus threw him (she bus threw every pilot she flew with) she sealed his fate. No way company would can her and keep him (even though he does a great job both in the cockpit and at the office on his time off) because they're afraid of getting sued.

That woman is a menace... She took down two ten year men because company too scared to curb kick her when they had a chance.

These are the things that upset me about aviation...or perhaps our society as a whole.

I just feel bad for my friends at this point. Don't see much--if any--justice in this.

Bad-mouthing your former company and coworkers does nothing to help your cause. You got screwed, we get it. Now put it behind you and move on. You're only damaging your own reputation.

Well first of all some full disclosure.........

I just got the word that my department is slashing itself in half. Considering I was next to the bottom on the totem pole I had no chance of making it and I knew it.

It that's REALLY the case, then why would this matter.....

And my department announced a move from the city I love more than any other to one that I could not possibly care less about.

Anyone else catch that, or was it just me?

It that's REALLY the case, then why would this matter.....

Anyone else catch that, or was it just me?

The move announcement came weeks before the furlough. Because of my kids I couldn't go any way in all reality.

It is an academic argument regardless. Even if I wanted to go I got cut. I think only two or 3 50 drivers were kept. The rest were axed.

So enough with the conspiracy theory. I was simply explaining my evolving state of mind on this issue.

At the end of the day getting pissed about the move was irrelevant. I wasn't going any way by their choice or mine, along with 22 others, all but 4 of whom were senior to me.

Basic math dude.

I believe that you don't do yourself any favors by whining and crying about your personal situation on a public discussion board. Dig deep and get tough. Flight departments expand and contract all the time. There are always winners and losers. Always injustices. Move on and don't look back. You are wasting your valuable time and energy.

I believe that you don't do yourself any favors by whining and crying about your personal situation on a public discussion board. Dig deep and get tough. Flight departments expand and contract all the time. There are always winners and losers. Always injustices. Move on and don't look back. You are wasting your valuable time and energy.

You are right, but it hasn't been a complete waste of energy. Some very thoughtful people have weighed in both publically and privately providing me with some valuable insight.

That's life as they say, after all.

All the best.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go get my bullhorn to talk CRJ and Rum off a ledge.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back