• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I Just a Giant WIMP?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been on this board for a few years now and have always had a good laugh at Legacy, more often at his expense than with him. You do say some crazy stuff and are always good for comic relief, even if it's not intended to be taken in such a manner.

With that said, I feel for you Legacy. I hope that you have the opportunity to mend your professional and personal life and grow to be a better person for the recent experiences that you have endured. Although this probably isn't the best place to share your personal of professional issues, I do sincerely hope you find an employer that will be impressed by your love for the Legacy and a personal life that is as fullfilling as we all would hope for.

As far as getting some kind of training outside of flying, I think it's probably a very good idea. It's what I'm planning on doing (just as soon as I get off first-year pay! That happens in about 4 weeks.)

-Goose

I hate to break it to you Bro FO, but second year pay still sucks. If you can't afford to go to school on 1st year EMB pay, then 2nd year ain't gonna help; and since you won't qualify for food stamps on 2nd year pay, it's pretty much a wash.

-Beer

Thanks, Goose Egg and Pilotguy...

Things are turning the corner professionally (as in dramatically improving) and the personal life has at least stabilized! :) I'm certainly better off it appears than many of my fellow "Surplus Pilots."

Like the guy said, pilots tend to think they're the center of the universe. We sometimes forget that other people are hurting also.

(As for being unintentionally good for a laugh--man I'm *ALWAYS* trying to wisecrack. Cut a brother some slack! :) )

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you Bro FO, but second year pay still sucks. If you can't afford to go to school on 1st year EMB pay, then 2nd year ain't gonna help; and since you won't qualify for food stamps on 2nd year pay, it's pretty much a wash.

-Beer

I hate to break it to you, but you must have some faulty financial forecasting techniques. This is what I figure, and how I figure it:

I've held a line every month except one in the Bro. I have a running average of my monthly hours worked (and it's well over 75, I'll tell you that right now) and average per diem per month. When I take that average and apply it to 2nd year pay, well, let's just say my income is substantially better... at least for a single guy with no dependents. In fact, by my calculations, I'll make more holding a line in the Bro than a 2nd year CRJ FO on reserve unless he or she breaks garauntee. I've made a bit of a dent in my debt already, but this is when I'll really start to pay it down.

And for the record, I'm not on food stamps, and I could have been getting some more education right now, but I didn't think it was wise with the adjusting to the new job and all.

Besides, I'm really only talking about a class or two at a time, not a full-blown degree program... at least not yet. That's in the works, but I have some preliminary work to do, and after all, I do still have a job.

-Goose

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back