• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Am I Just a Giant WIMP?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, nobody threw him off, they changed his password so he could not log on....but I guess its about the same? in a real small balls way.

It's true. A close friend of mine was a moderator at *************** when they changed LegacyDriver's password. Then the mods made fun of LD behind his back when he tried to sign in and couldn't get in.

L/D, even your last post, having had days to settle down makes me shake my head. For your own benefit you should stop.

I don't know anything about the "other post", but a sincere, man to man apology doesn't erase that kind of thing (if it really was that scathing and public)

I'm not saying that it is the case, but all you're doing is telling everyone how unstable you are. Almost in those exact words. You should really stop.

Scathing, yes. Well, no, not really. Blunt? Definitely, but also the collective sentiment of many. I guess I just was the lightning rod. At the end of the day I was too junior for my argument to have factored in and I realized it is "just business." I disagree with some of the decisions made but that wouldn't have helped me any way. It may have helped guys with more seniority, though, and I'm upset for them still.

Perhaps it is time to retire from message boards. Being a national joke is a cross I am able to bear, but not one I deserve IMHO.

So the question now is... Will a non-flying / non-aviation gig be just as unstable as this industry is?

By my count some 3000 pilots have lost their jobs over the past few months.

Is the grass greener behind a desk?

I'm not unstable...I assure you of that. I simply have a shorter fuse than normal right now. Or did. I'm over it, but a career change is definitely on my agenda.

I felt the need to post this. If it kills my career then I'm at peace with that.

Last edited:
Scathing yes, but also the sentiment of many. I guess I just was the lightning rod. At the end of the day I was too junior for my argument to have factored in and I realized it is "just business."

Perhaps it is time to retire from message boards.

So the question now is... Will a non-flying / non-aviation gig be just as unstable as this industry is?

By my count some 3000 pilots have lost their jobs over the past few months.

Is the grass greener behind a desk?

(I'm not unstable... I just have a shorter fuse than normal right now. Or did. I'm over it, but a career change is definitely on my agenda.)

I think for most if us, this career is a love-hate relationship. It is very unique, in that we are not very portable. I think our hands are tied. Where does a pilot go from outside the cockpit without spending money to go back to school. For most of us on the board, we are going on 15-20 years in this industry. It isn't easy to say, "ok, I am done, I am headed to an an office job.

For me, I get pissed because I seem to always make the wrong decision in this frigging career. I have had about enough.

So what am I doing. Well, I know at my age I am not headed back to school to start in some office for $40k. I have started a home improvement business that I can manage while still flying and keep working hard everyday that hopefully it grows into something bigger. If not, well, I do have a pretty decent gig right now.....but this is definitely time limited. I know I probably won't be able to retire from it.

But I can understand your frustrations. I worked at a very large department that abruptly shut down in 2002. It took me about 6 months to get back on my feet.

I think for most if us, this career is a love-hate relationship. It is very unique, in that we are not very portable. I think our hands are tied. Where does a pilot go from outside the cockpit without spending money to go back to school. For most of us on the board, we are going on 15-20 years in this industry. It isn't easy to say, "ok, I am done, I am headed to an an office job.

For me, I get pissed because I seem to always make the wrong decision in this frigging career. I have had about enough.

So what am I doing. Well, I know at my age I am not headed back to school to start in some office for $40k. I have started a home improvement business that I can manage while still flying and keep working hard everyday that hopefully it grows into something bigger. If not, well, I do have a pretty decent gig right now.....but this is definitely time limited. I know I probably won't be able to retire from it.

But I can understand your frustrations. I worked at a very large department that abruptly shut down in 2002. It took me about 6 months to get back on my feet.

Man you nailed it.

One of my buds in response to my query about what can we do other than fly said, "If I knew that answer I would already be doing it.". Ha ha!

Sorry to hear your tale, but I applaud your effort to try and do something on the side at least.

Maybe I will take this as an opportunity to test the non-flying waters...

Every single one of us should make hay while the sun shines and develop some kind of secondary income while we're making money. My friends are buying motorcycles and boats, I bought a rental house. Through that and other endeavors, by the end of this year I plan to be able to lose my job (god forbid, I LOVE my job) and not have to scramble for a job selling lumber.

I'm no smarter or wiser than anyone else, just willing to make temporary sacrifices and hopefully reap the reward. Beyond that, we're all a function of or good or bad decisions. Own them and take control, don't blame it on God.

Through that and other endeavors, by the end of this year I plan to be able to lose my job (god forbid, I LOVE my job) and not have to scramble for a job selling lumber.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your weren't directing that as a jab towards me???

Latest resources

Back