• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We get phone calls from the wilson polling center after repeated instructions to not call us. We gave them plenty of chances to leave us alone yet they still persist. We informed them we were on the DO NOT CALL list meaning we do not want to be solicited. They refused to stop harassing us so we filed a group complaint with the FCC.

The "do not call list" doesn't have anything to do with your complaint.
  1. If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.
  2. Are calls from political organizations or calls soliciting for charities covered?Political solicitations are not covered by the TSR at all, since they are not included in its definition of “telemarketing.” Charities are not covered by the requirements of the national registry. However, if a third-party telemarketer is calling on behalf of a charity, a consumer may ask not to receive any more calls from, or on behalf of, that specific charity. If a third-party telemarketer calls again on behalf of that charity, the telemarketer may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.
  3. What about telephone surveys?If the call is really for the sole purpose of conducting a survey, it is not covered. Only telemarketing calls are covered — that is, calls that solicit sales of goods or services. Callers purporting to take a survey, but also offering to sell goods or services, must comply with the National Do Not Call Registry.

ATTN: SKYWEST PILOT ALPA SUPPORTERS

Tired of beating a dead horse into the ground? Want to be the dead horse being beat into the ground for a change? Want to work for an airline with ALPA representation? Mesa is hiring, like crazy! Get your app in ASAP.

nothing more stupid than a pilot pretending he knows something about politics, and also thinking he is so smart that he can voice himself on a aviation slam board. morons......

Wow, now that's a distinctly UnAmerican sentiment there. It is the duty of every single American Citizen (even the ones you might not like or agree with) to be informed and involved with our politics. The less average citizens are involved, the more our system fails to serve us.

Tired of beating a dead horse into the ground? Want to be the dead horse being beat into the ground for a change? Want to work for an airline with ALPA representation? Mesa is hiring, like crazy! Get your app in ASAP.

Is ALPA the problem? What would MAG be like without ALPA? Just a little slice of heaven, I'm sure. JO would be treating his employees so much better if those union thugs were'nt mucking it all up.

Ratings: Dispatch

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HelloNewman,

Congratulations. You get to represent the Atkin Kennel Club at the big show in St. George. Just remember, when you are posing and prancing in front of the judges, to keep that shaved ass of yours held up nice and high like the proud little puppy that you are. Then when it comes time to hand out those blue ribbons, it'll be such an exciting time for you, but for the love of God, Newman, you gotta try not to squeeze out a dookie on the astroturf. Because, God forbid you were ever an embarrassment to Master Jerry, right?

I dont see what the big deal is. Let the SKW pilots vote, if they vote no then fine. SKW is not a company that is dragging the regional industry down. How about we go and help one of our union carriers such as Mesa treat their employees as well as SKW pilots are treated by their management team.
Me personally, I like ALPA, I am treated very well at Eagle, but I feel that it is only because we have someone looking out for us, this management team that we have here would love to treat us like Mesa employees, but ALPA keeps that from happening here.
Take my two percent and do something more worth while with it rather then trying to organize a group that does not want to be organized.
One word of caution to the SKW group, what happens when management changes and starts treating you poorly, or simply dont honor your contracts, will you come running to ALPA for help, or will you just bend over?

When a friend of mine was hired at SkyWest a management type came into his new hire class and told the new hires point blank that "if ALPA is voted in the growth will stop" I'm sure there are many people that have witnessed events such as this.

It is not difficult to cross the line of hindering organization efforts, the law basically requires that the company say/do nothing, a requirement that most companies find impossible to follow.

The growth is over, for all regionals. The only growth left is replacing 50 seaters with 90 seaters, and that's not growth at all.

There's no point in blaming ALPA.

But I can see what happens if ALPA comes on SKW property: "We grew like crazy for 6 years, and then ALPA came in and the growth stopped."

Just my $.02

The growth is over, for all regionals. The only growth left is replacing 50 seaters with 90 seaters, and that's not growth at all.

There's no point in blaming ALPA.

But I can see what happens if ALPA comes on SKW property: "We grew like crazy for 6 years, and then ALPA came in and the growth stopped."

Just my $.02

Sounds like something Hello-I'm-a-little-biatch would say about the lack of growth due to ALPA. You guys need to remove your heads from the 4th point of contact and recognize the JA does not have your best interest at heart.

I don't understand why this is so contraversial. It's the organizing playbook, page 20. When pilot attention starts to wane, incite a violation of the RLA, sue the company on that issue, use it to promote your cause.

Latest resources

Back