• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is the title "ALPA sues SKYW" really accurate then?

Is it ALPA or the SkyWest pilots filing the suit?

the legal thingy says skywest alpa organizing commitee. guessing that alpa paid for it on behalf of the oc.
hey weasil, the copy i have has the part about funding SAPA lined out. what does that mean?

It is simple: SKYW ALPA organizing committee are acting like children due to the lack of ALPA following in SKYW.

for real, get a girlfriend or something. there will be no alpa here, thank god. If you were represented by alpa in the past you would feel the same way.

next question

That is correct. I think this move will actually be the death blow to the organizing effort. Even members of the OC aren't confident they will ever get the cards they want. This move has already turned a lot of people off. Why are they trying to shut SAPA down when the majority of pilots have not asked for it? I would like to thank the members of the OC for making our jobs easier. For us, the majority of SkyWest pilots who do not want ALPA here we now have a lot less convincing to do. I still don't see how they are suing on behalf of the pilots when the majority did not even request it.

There isn't one person here that hasn't been bombarded almost to the point of harassment by the organizing effort. I don't see how they can say they are being hindered with a straight face. A lot of us ORD employees have already filed a complaint against the FCC as we are on the do not call list yet they persist in calling us after repeated instructions to not call us. They keep harassing us to sign cards when we do not want to. We are already in contact with the proper channels to keep this at bay If anyone needs some help drop me a line. This is equivalent to a bunch of whiny babies who are trying to salvage a union drive that has almost no chance of winning.

It's dead already... this is called DESPERATION.....

It's dead already... this is called DESPERATION.....

perfect one word summation of this entire union drive. It has been a sense of DESPERATION from day one. Even most OC members have little confidence this drive will actually pass. Only ones who are out of touch with the employees think this one will actually pass. This lawsuit seals their fate.

Newman, please for the love of God, SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! You may speak for yourself if you wish, but do not pretend to speak for me ever again.

Actually you might want to read the actual litigation material, it's on skywestalpa.org
I just finished reading through it, they are requesting that the Judge issue a restraining order against SAPA. They want SAPA shutdown, as an illegal company sponsored bargaining representative.

To you it might be just a stupid bulletin board, but to many of us it is our legal right to engage in union organization efforts that is being intefered with.

You have got be f***** kidding me!

I'm open to all sorts of ALPA driving, and willing to see where it goes but SAPA does serve a beneficial purpose (as anemic as it may be) and I sure as &^%* don't want them shut down. If that happens I'll start campaigning against ALPA personally.

SKW ALPA DRIVERS: You need to convince people with valid arguments, not try to litigate what you want like Al F%^&* Gore! Cut this S&^% out, the company is not strong-arming anyone about the union....they make their opinion clearly known but that's about the extent of it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back