ALPA sues SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey newman,
do you think it is harrasement (or even professional) for a chief pilot to come over to you in the crew lounge and demand that you take off you alpa lanyard in front of everyone because it doesnt comply with our policy manual? and then you see everyone else wearing chicago bears or harley davidson lanyards. why are you so worried about it? if you are so sure that it wont pass then just wait for the vote and we will go on our way. as far as the phone calls, you do know that there is nothing that says you have answer your phone dont you?
i am proud to wear my alpa lanyard again, they have done more for this profession in the past 60 years than you could even dream of. I am glad you were not around then, if you had it would be about the same as working for mcdonalds.

hey newman,
do you think it is harrasement (or even professional) for a chief pilot to come over to you in the crew lounge and demand that you take off you alpa lanyard in front of everyone because it doesnt comply with our policy manual? and then you see everyone else wearing chicago bears or harley davidson lanyards. why are you so worried about it? if you are so sure that it wont pass then just wait for the vote and we will go on our way. as far as the phone calls, you do know that there is nothing that says you have answer your phone dont you?
i am proud to wear my alpa lanyard again, they have done more for this profession in the past 60 years than you could even dream of. I am glad you were not around then, if you had it would be about the same as working for mcdonalds.

That depends? Was anyone else around? The best way to handle it is to confront the person when no one else is around. Laynards are against our uniform policy period. It is not an ALPA thing it is a matter of policy. I worry about the lawsuit because they are already damaging company relations. This is a lame PR ploy as one last gasp to try and salvage the union drive.

They already harass the new hires so I don't see what else they want. They talk to every newhire that comes through here. They are just mad because we are apathetic when it comes to ALPA. What they have supposedly done for the industry in the past does not matter to me. They have done nothing significant in the present which therefore makes them irrelevant. This is a what have you done for me today society. That is just the way it is. My question for you is what is ALPA so afraid of? This drive has been going on since 2005 and no vote is on the horizon.

They have done nothing significant in the present which therefore makes them irrelevant. This is a what have you done for me today society. That is just the way it is. My question for you is what is ALPA so afraid of? This drive has been going on since 2005 and no vote is on the horizon.

Yet again you talk out of your A$$. ALPA has and is doing lots for the industry as a whole. You Choose to close your eyes, if you realy wanted to see there is plenty of information out there on what the organization has done. ALPA is not affraid of anything, the real question is what are you really afraid of. Why are you so close minded and negative. How many meetings have you attended? How many books have you read? You sound like a broken record bro. If you really want to get an answer to your pointless questions you can attend a meeting, even though I doubt that you would really want to know the truth. Keep talking $hit, you might really get what you wish for.

If I were a Skywest pilot, I would be curious why my company was being sued for failure to comply with a labor relations law. I wouldn't be blaming the labor group; instead, I would be asking my employers why they cannot comply with the law since they certainly require me to comply with the law.

What are they afraid of in St. George? I thought the drive was going to fail? Why would a company not want an organized labor group? Hmmm....

It is important for SKYW pilots to realize that the Organizing Committee filed the lawsuit as a LAST resort. It was only after management didn’t respond to letters and phone calls that the OC determined that our right to organize and the success of something we believe in was being illegally hindered.
I can assure you that SKYW management was tearing down fliers from bulletin boards, kicking OC members out of the training center when we attempted to distribute materials to new hires, and not allowing us access to the crewrooms. These are all items that are our fundamental rights granted under the Railway Labor Act. SKYW chose to ignore the law and the OC did the right thing in calling them on it.
I also want to say that the Organizing drive is alive and well. Cards continue to come in on a daily basis. Although some pilots who have made up their mind are growing tired of hearing about ALPA, many pilots are still gathering information so that they can make an informed decision about their future. Also, many new hires have not had the opportunity to learn about the drive due to managements tactics. Instead of throwing around inflammatory remarks, why don’t we allow people to gather information unfettered, make a decision, and vote.

So is this Alpa thing going to interfere with me rolling the cheeba on downwind into SFO?

It is important for SKYW pilots to realize that the Organizing Committee filed the lawsuit as a LAST resort.

Bulls#!+. Having the vote is. The OC has a majority of the pilots cards. Petition the NLRB and have the vote. Sadly I think the OC is waiting for the outcome of ASA negotiations. ASA brothers thrown under the bus for SkyWest pilots (again?).

ALPAOC - "Managment forced us to sue."
SAPA - "Managment forced us to consent"

WOW, sounds familiar. The last thing I want is a weak ALPA union at SkyWest full of managment hacks like SAPA. Reactive rather than proactive. I guess I'll just have to vote Teamsters.

Last edited:
Why dont you organize teamsters since all you do is complain. Support ALPA or SAPA but dont cry like a little baby and do nothing about it. tool.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back