• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA loses at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think the vote for "silence" was a "no" vote or a "yes" vote??

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD
WASHINGTON, D.C.
Flight Deck Crew Members of SkyWest Airlines, Inc.
sought to be represented by Air Line Pilots Association and presently
UNREPRESENTED.
CASE NO. R-7125
DATE ISSUED: November 6, 2007
REPORT OF ELECTION RESULTS
The undersigned National Mediation Board Representative certifies the votes
cast in this election as follows:
1. Number of Eligible Voters: 2611
2. Void Votes 2
3. Votes Cast for: Air Line Pilots Association 904
4. Votes Cast for: Write-in: SAPA 4
5. Votes Cast for: Write-in: Teamsters 2
6. Votes Cast for: Write-in: silence 1
7. Valid Votes Counted (sum of 3 through 6) 911

I disagree. Many of the "no" votes I talked to just couldn't stand the rhetoric.

Come on, Joe, you're smarter than that. That was just a cop-out from those people. They didn't want to vote for representation, so they cooked up some bullsh*& reason having to do with "rhetoric" and other such BS. The truth is, they were just selfish and had this crazy idea in their heads that ALPA might screw up the growth and quick upgrades. Nobody makes a decision as important as this based on some "attacks" from a few people on a message board or in a crew van. You give these NO voters too much credit. Acknowledge them for what they are: selfish.

Actually:

Don't know for sure Jerry has a contract, but I don't think he really needs one: Chairman of the Board of the parent company; largest single individual shareholder; track-record. Who's going to oust him, shareholder or Board movement? Though if he does have a contract: folks, wake up, he's the top-dog (like an industry veteran at the top his conditions of employment are probably similar to anywhere else).

.SKYW sells the quick upgrade as the lifestyle enhancment that everyone wants, PBR

What happens after you upgrade?

You buy a house and fear ALPA will cause you to lose it?

Rez,
Jerry and the top tier have contracts because they are saavy and smart, they know that a contract is the best way to insure they get their agreed upon compensation. This is the very same reason they do not want the SKYW pilot to have a contract, this allows them to remain "flexible, nimble and able to adapt to rapidly changing market forces". The only reason I can see for this flexibility is to be able to things like furlough out of seniority, close domiciles, discipline without recourse(including termination, see DD for exception), and the ability to unilaterally impose whatever they want.SKYW sells the quick upgrade as the lifestyle enhancment that everyone wants, mixed with kool-aid it makes for a formidable drug, it is the ice of the aviation industry, the only problem is it leaves at least 50% of the pilot group standing when the music stops. And stop it will $100.00 a barrel oil is gonna slow things right down, UAl is talking about parking up to 100 planes, if the industry doesn't increase fares they all will go back into BK. I am gonna love it when the sreamin' upgrade pace slows if not evens stops and all the stupid kool-aid drinkers are left standing and their worst nightmare starts, stuck in the right seat with $hitty work rules, $hittier pay and a broken kool-aid machine. I agree "goals obtained are not motivators", remember these are people who wear their golf spikes while they climb up and over their fellow pilots. i can safely say if the f/o who sits next to me turns out to be one of the 66%ers, he better be on his game, because I will be watching very critically and would love to make his/her life a little more interesting with a trip to SLC for a refresher course.
PBR

Oh that last statement was good, way to have people vote in ALPA. Why not say if you don't vote for ALPA I'm sending you back for training. TOOL!

you skywest folks should be absolutely terrified of what may be coming around the bend in terms of a seniority list integration with asa...good luck...

Oh that last statement was good, way to have people vote in ALPA. Why not say if you don't vote for ALPA I'm sending you back for training. TOOL!
$hitferbrains, I said if he is not on his game, brush up on your reading/comprehension skills, although I wouldn't expect much from a dork like you!
PBR

What happens after you upgrade?

You buy a house and fear ALPA will cause you to lose it?
Nothing, your exposure remains the same, there is just a little more to loose. ALPA cannot cause me to loose anything, SKYW corp. on the other hand can cause $150K +, Just ask DD.
PBR

For 35 years and countless ALPA drives, we've been hearing about how Uncle Jerry is going to f&#k us over and still Skywest has always either been near or at the top with pay and work rules.

8th year ScabWest CRJ 700/900 CA $74

8th year XJT Emb 145 CA $73.28

ScabWest pay $1.05 (or less) per seat
XJT pay $1.46 per seat

39% higher pay than ScabWest

Maybe Jerry just has a really small f&#k stick, so you can't feel it?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back