ALPA is dead!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sandman2122 said:
What name do you really go by???? I'm betting you're in Block 1 or 2 based on your presumed profile........nervous?
Bill, my name has never been a secret. Nervous? No, I just like it when events prove me correct.:)

sandman2122 said:
Hey foxhunter:

I've got my October 2005 Positive Rate and on pg. 16 there is the list of the 127 losers.(non-member freeloaders)

What name do you really go by???? I'm betting you're in Block 1 or 2 based on your presumed profile........nervous?
He's halfway between Cheever and Cotton.

C'mon. . . someone tell me what action ALPA can do to save a carrier from going bankrupt. . . . Anyone. . . Beuller??.. . . Beuller??

VaB said:
Why not? What's the matter with a couple of old grouchy dudes with one foot in the grave, snuggling together for their only means of companionship?
STOP IT!!! I almost fell out of my chair!!!!

TonyC said:
You guys seem to think that ALPA runs airlines. Wake up! ALPA is not responsible for the demise of any airline, any more than UAW is responsible for the demise of the Edsel.

If the best you guys can do is pretend that guys working for profitable carriers are only there because of dumb luck and that we need to be groveling each day to show our appreciation to the gods of chance, then we don't have much to discuss. It didn't take a 9/11 for some of us to see that express cargo provides a much more stable business than passengers. Rather than credit us with a wise choice, you feel better by crediting us with dumb luck. You had the chance, but you chose the early morning wake-ups and dragging your bags through terminals. We didn't. Get over it. It has nothing to do with ALPA.

before you make a naive statement you better go back to your history books and review the chapter on United airlines and ALPA'S BOARD MEMBERS regarding CEO SELECTIONS....then turn the next chapter and review DELTA'S CONTRACT 2000 negotiations.......should i continue???

jbucpt said:
before you make a naive statement you better go back to your history books and review the chapter on United airlines and ALPA'S BOARD MEMBERS regarding CEO SELECTIONS....then turn the next chapter and review DELTA'S CONTRACT 2000 negotiations.......should i continue???
So, you're blaming ALPA for the demise of Delta because they got their members a significant raise at a time when their company was making significant profits?? WTF, over??

jbucpt said:

.......should i continue???
I'm reminded of the old Nutter Butter advertisements.

Have another Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookie.

How can I have another Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookie, when I haven't had ANY yet?

You can't continue until you begin, and you haven't begun to explain how ALPA runs airlines.

Latest resources

Back