• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone have an over/under of how bad C.M. is going to screw up this bid???

Mookie

She has never replied to ANY emails and the times I've called her to follow up I can't understand what she's saying. There's a 6 figure salary they could add to their savings.

Fingers crossed. BTW - I hear the Co called an 'emergency' ALPA meeting for Oct 1. Must be re: the furlough notices going out.

Baja.

funny...I emailed her the other day, and she got back to me in 6 hrs. not that I liked her answer, but I did get a reply.

u work for Alaska right? just wondering why you are so interested in the Delta stuff. if you are waiting for a class there, why not take a leave from here so someone else gets to keep their job??

Mookie

BTW - I hear the Co called an 'emergency' ALPA meeting for Oct 1. Must be re: the furlough notices going out.

Its about the ALK/HAL, ALK/AAI, or ALK/SWA merger. Choose your favorite rumored player.

I like ALK/HAL! Lock up the west coast, Alaska and Hawaii. I just wonder what the love child of the Eskimo and Island girl would look like.

Latest intel I got on early outs is 81 applications so far. Let's just say up to half of those are fishing. Still, looks like a good number will retire early.

Of course, we'll have accurate information by the end of next week.

Latest intel I got on early outs is 81 applications so far. Let's just say up to half of those are fishing. Still, looks like a good number will retire early.

Of course, we'll have accurate information by the end of next week.

Baze-

Thanks for the update.

However, I have resigned to the fact that the number of folks that take the early outs or LOAs is completely irrelevant. Management is hellbent on furloughing....hence the floating numbers. The "total" number of pilots that they claim they need to let go will just coincidentally be 30 more, or 50 more, or 75 more than those whom took the early-outs or LOAs after the lines have been adjusted for min block.

Wish me luck-

ZP

Hey Z,

Hang in there. I'm sure you've been looking for another job. Good luck on the employment front. If you find something good, don't hesitate to pass the info on. :)

I'm hoping to find something in the next few months. I've been looking at some non-flying jobs. If I find something and I'm not furloughed, I'd go ahead and try to take an ELOA and go work that other job for a while.

Latest resources

Back