• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't get me wrong, VSA can be a good thing in good times and bad.

When times are good, I wouldn't care at all if someone was picking up VSA.

When times are bad, however, it can and should be used by this pilot group as leverage. Unfortunately, we have a good number of very short-sighted individuals among our ranks.

When you pick up VSA, while pilots are on furlough, you're no better than a scab.

Here's where I get confused.....

If we know how many block hours there are going to be, and we know what bases are flying which trips - how difficult is it to figure how many lines per base?

Baja.

Here's where I get confused.....

If we know how many block hours there are going to be, and we know what bases are flying which trips - how difficult is it to figure how many lines per base?

Baja.

Ah, there you go using logic and math to figure out a problem that isn't remotely related to, uh logic or math. . .

What do you want to bet less than 1/4 are really interested in the program? That said, I'm with you hoping that ALL 100+ are serious candidates.

maybe but...

I'm guessing that there were already a good number of retirement eligible 60+ ers that were on the fence and this one put them over. I'm also willing to bet that there are several well educated young men and women that were/are able to find another job paying them just as much $$ and they are willing to depart the pattern for a year or two to let the dust settle.

I just started a mil leave for 4 years and the part that made it easy was the furlough threat. I am not one of those to be furloughed but hopefully my departure will save some kid's mac n cheese dinner.

I'm guessing that there were already a good number of retirement eligible 60+ ers that were on the fence and this one put them over. I'm also willing to bet that there are several well educated young men and women that were/are able to find another job paying them just as much $$ and they are willing to depart the pattern for a year or two to let the dust settle.

I just started a mil leave for 4 years and the part that made it easy was the furlough threat. I am not one of those to be furloughed but hopefully my departure will save some kid's mac n cheese dinner.

Where did you find the 4 year gig? I am just hoping for 6 months.

av8,

You are a class act, as most Iowan's are. Thanks from someone who doesn't have the military option.

Go Cyclones!

Latest resources

Back