• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska management verbally announces furloughs for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know several of our F/Os who went back on active duty and made more money than they would flogging the Superhen around the system.

I know several of our F/Os who went back on active duty and made more money than they would flogging the Superhen around the system.

Yeah, it really depends on the situation. I'm on 8 yr pay so I do a little better with the military, but I do sacrifice lifestyle a little as I have a lot less days off in military so it's about a wash.

Just got the latest MEC release.

It looks like we have some time until we hit the street. I think it would take at least two weeks to come to an agreement on furlough mitigation, then we would need 30 days notice.

After talking to my f/o rep - I'll predict no furloughs. Early outs are close to 100 - there are plans in motion for line sharing, individual reduced block hours etc. If the Co actually gives a # to furlough then we can enact reduced block hours co wide. I think this is all about paying the big $$ at the top end and holding the junior pilots hostage.

Just my $0.02

Good luck to all of us and thanks to those of you that took the early-out and extended leaves!

Baja.

I heard through the grapevine that a captain said he was denied early out because they stopped the early outs at 75 people:mad:

I'd be surprised if the company could have already crunched all the numbers in 3 days, contacted everyone, and gotten a firm answer from them.

I'd also be surprised of more than 75 pilots would be really interested in taking the early out. Heck, I'd be surprised if more than 30 would actually consider bailing early.

I heard through the grapevine that a captain said he was denied early out because they stopped the early outs at 75 people:mad:

Latest resources

Back