• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was hoping to be a yesman this time but can't do it, once again! Funny how all the yesmen tell me that I am out of my mind. Sell ourselves waaaaaay short for $20/hr more while selling our jobs and throwing the FOs under the bus? We still have hope. :0

Last edited:
Are you implying that the day someone has signed up for VSA, he is sitting reserve and must report for duty if called out?

You must call in between 1800-2000 the night prior. If you are given an assignment at that time, you do not have the option of refusing the trip.

You must call in between 1800-2000 the night prior. If you are given an assignment at that time, you do not have the option of refusing the trip.

Your last post was confusing and condescending. You can always put in whatever parameters you can live with (maybe you can't live with any). I'd rather be paid 150% than 100%.

Maybe I missed something, but has any Alaska CBA ever had scope? Have Alaska pilots always relied on the benevolence of their management in this area?

Maybe I missed something, but has any Alaska CBA ever had scope? Have Alaska pilots always relied on the benevolence of their management in this area?

Nothing has ever stopped this airline from becoming another Midwest Airlines. The entire pilot group could be outsourced.

The motivation for this is so obvious.. Didn't anyone notice Skywest ordering another 100 E175-E2's (easily converted to the larger model I'm sure) this week? Sign this contract, and Alaska will never grow again in our career. It will be all Skywest with some 737's for Hawaii and transcon.

I love the argument about how widebody equipment supplement the NB .. And we don't have WB equip.. So we can't pay as much ... Big airlines that have 5 or 6 fleet types have huge training costs ... Ours not so much ..

If the majority of the pilots have the stomach for a knock-down, drag-out fight for scope, I believe it will be years before we have a new TA with scope in it. In that time, your RJ's with 'mos will show up. Either way the Alaska pilots lose. See how that works?
Then it's a question of die on your feet or live on your knees? Easy math.

I hear ya but .. We have nothing stoping it now ... So they can do it yesterday if they want ..
If they want a strike. Y'all got the balls, right? If not, there's really no point in even negotiating.

If we don't get scope the rest of the contract better be AMAZING !! and it's not ... Record profits .. And we had guys on the street during that time ... WTF over ..,

Latest resources

Back